Salad of Purple Sprouting Broccoli, Asparagus, Peas and Radish
This recipe is bound to convert any broccoli hater
Ingredients:400g fresh purple sprouting broccoli
300g fresh British asparagus
200g fresh radish
200g fresh podded peas
100g sesame seeds
50ml rapeseed, grapeseed or other
zest and juice of 1 lime
2 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
sea salt and pepper
- Firstly prepare the vegetables. Wash and trim the purple sprouting broccoli, the asparagus and the radish. Slice the broccoli and asparagus into 3cm pieces, and slice the radish thinly. Place the radish in a bowl of cold water.
- Using a double layered steamer, boil some water and steam the purple sprouting broccoli, the asparagus pieces and the peas for approximately 5-7 minutes. The vegetables should be quite tender, but still green and slightly crisp. Remove the vegetables from the steamer and set aside to cool on a clean preparation tray.
- In a little jug mix together the sesame seeds, rapeseed oil, zest and juice of the lime, the soy sauce, sugar, a pinch of sea salt and a generous grating of black pepper.
- In a roomy salad bowl, mix together the steamed purple sprouting broccoli, asparagus and peas. Add the drained radish slices.
- Add the soy sauce and lime dressing. Toss the salad well. Serve