Vegetable & California Walnut Ragu
Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
Ingredients:1 tbsp oil
400g sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
1 onion, chopped (180g)
1 red pepper, diced (180g)
100ml red wine
50g sun-dried tomato paste
250g cherry tomatoes, halved
400g can chopped tomatoes
100g California Walnut Halves
250ml vegetable stock
1 courgette, diced (170g)
25g basil, shredded
Cooked spaghetti and grated vegetarian parmesan
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the sweet potatoes, onion and pepper for five minutes. Add the wine and reduce by half.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients except the courgette and basil and bring to the boil. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add the courgette. Simmer for 20 minutes, until the sauce has reduced.
- Season to taste and stir in the basil.
- Serve with cooked spaghetti and grated cheese.