Charred Sweetcorn Caesar Salad
Ready in: Under 15 Mins
This twist on the classic Caesar salad is the perfect side dish for your plant-based barbecue.
For the dressing:40ml plant mayonnaise or normal mayonnaise
40ml plant yoghurt (oat, coconut or soy)
1 squeeze of lemon juice
1 tbsp capers
1 torn nori sheet
salt and pepper, to taste
For the salad:2 barbecued or griddled corn on the cob
4 baby gem lettuces
30g toasted pumpkin seeds
For the croutons:sourdough or leftover toast
1 garlic clove
- Start by either barbecuing the corn or griddling the cobs with olive oil until they turn a nice charred colour. Set aside.
- For the dressing, add all of your dressing ingredients into a bowl, and blitz with a handheld blender (or in a countertop blender) until mixed well. Make sure the nori sheet is torn into small pieces so that it does not get stuck in the blender. Once mixed, set aside.
- Take your sourdough or leftover toast and rub with the garlic clove. Pour over a generous amount of olive oil and place under a grill, in the oven. Once crisp, remove from the oven and cut into squares ready to go on top of your salad.
- Cut the stems off your baby gem lettuces. Add the leaves to a big bowl with a generous dollop of your dressing mix until all leaves are covered. Plate up on a nice platter.
- Cut the corn off the cob, slicing big chunks off at a time, and place the corn on the lettuce leaves. Scatter over the croutons, sliced radishes and toasted pumpkin seeds for the finale!