Cruelty Free Beauty
- The Best Vegan Mascaras Available In The UK: Reviewed
- 5 Vegan Tinted Moisturisers to Get Your Glow Back
- 3 LUXURIOUS BODY SHOP LAUNCHES FOR VEGANUARY
- The Top 6 Vegan Lipsticks
- 6 vegan nail varnishes for instant glamour
- View all
- 6 Steps To Your Best Ever Zero-Waste Christmas
- 8 Eco-Friendly Travel Must-Haves
- How To Create The Perfect Capsule Wardrobe
- View all
- SuperGreen Seeded Energy Bars
- Valentine’s Breakfast Bowl
- Ken Hom’s Vegan-friendly Sichuan Dan Dan Noodles
- Love’s Vegan Chocolate Pot
- IMMUNE BOOSTING SOUP & SEEDY CARROT MUFFINS
- Smashed Avocado and Lime Toasts
- Sri Lankan Style Curried Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Tikka Masala
- Christmas Lentil, Pistachio and Cranberry Loaf
- Mushroom Wellington
- Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- 10 things to look out for in our April issue
- Welcome to the eco house
- How To Keep Your Healthy Eating Resolutions
- The easiest way to make more of tarragon
- 7 Delicious, Speedy Ways with Tenderstem
- How to prep your veg… Cordon Bleu style!
- 5 Creative Concoctions for Your Morning Commute
- 8 Recipes That Use Coconut Oil Like A Boss
- The Melissa Hemsley Tabasco Recipe We’re Loving!
- 10 things to look out for in our 100th issue!
- 6 Palm-Free Products To Try
- View all
The Melissa Hemsley Tabasco Recipe We’re Loving!
Discover a vibrant, delicious soup and Melissa's top tips for eating well this winter...
By adding Tabasco Green Sauce at the start of recipes, the rest of ingredients take on its flavour.
Beans and chickpeas are cheap and cheerful, and can be roasted to make a great snack when hunger strikes! Simply bake them in a tray in the oven with oil, salt, pepper and Tabasco Green Sauce until crispy on the outside, then leave them to cool. Enjoy on their own, or sprinkle them over salads and soups.
Nutritious kale, spinach, spring greens and cabbage are in season early in the year, so make sure to use these ingredients in soups. Tabasco Green Sauce goes perfectly with all things green, so use it generously for extra flavour and vibrancy! Check out the Crispy Butter Bean and Spinach Soup for some tasty inspiration.
Bulk it out with store cupboard and pantry staples like chickpeas; they make the avocado go twice as far (this is a great money saving tip!). Add peas and Tabasco Green Sauce to pack in more colour and flavour.
If you're short of time but want to brighten up your salad, a quick dressing can make all the difference. Mix Tabasco Green Sauce with olive oil and the juice and zest of one lime or lemon, and season to taste – it’ll take you less than two minutes to make!
More from Vegetarian blog
Looking for some new dishes to inspire your Veganuary journey? We've got you covered! Try one of these delicious recommendations, and don't forget to share your efforts with us using the hashtag #VeggieReaderRecipe on social media!
We take our pick of the best vegan recipes to wow this Christmas!
It has emerged that banned chemicals make up many of our children’s plastic toys
The sun might be a hazy memory, but you'll glow your way through the greyest of days with these seasonal saviours...