Vegan Chocolate and Beetroot Cupcakes
Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
These Instagram-worthy cupcakes are sure to brighten up any table, whether you're hosting a tea party or want to whip up an indulgent dessert
Ingredients:120g vegan butter
120g caster sugar
200ml almond milk
200g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
40g cocoa powder
50g dairy-free dark chocolate, melted
For the icing:1 jar of Baxters Beetroot
250g vegan butter
500g icing sugar
50g dairy-free dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Beat the vegan butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy. Beat the almond milk into the butter mix, adding a little at a time and making sure it is fully mixed in before adding more.
- Sieve the flour, cocoa and baking powder. Fold into the mixture, then beat in the melted chocolate.
- Divide your cake batter between 12 cupcake cases. Bake for 12 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- To make the butter cream, strain the beetroot and blend in a food processor, until you have a smooth puree.
- Soften the vegan butter by beating it until light and fluffy. Add the beetroot puree and icing sugar and beat until fully mixed.
- Place the butter cream into a piping bag and pipe onto cooled cakes. To finish, grate over the remaining chocolate and sprinkle with the pistachios.