Cruelty Free Beauty
- The Best Vegan Mascaras Available In The UK: Reviewed
- The Vegan Manicure You Need to Know About
- 3 must-try vegan launches from Lush’s Naked range!
- The 2019 Beauty Buzzword You Need to Know…
- 5 Vegan Tinted Moisturisers to Get Your Glow Back
- 3 LUXURIOUS BODY SHOP LAUNCHES FOR VEGANUARY
- The Top 6 Vegan Lipsticks
- 6 vegan nail varnishes for instant glamour
- View all
- 5 Easy Ways To Be More Eco-Friendly For Earth Day On 22nd April
- 6 Steps To Your Best Ever Zero-Waste Christmas
- 8 Eco-Friendly Travel Must-Haves
- How To Create The Perfect Capsule Wardrobe
- View all
- Sticky Spiced Buns
- Mediterranean Avocado Hummus with Pitta Bread Crisps
- Almond, Turmeric and Kale Miso Ramen
- Easy Thai Mushroom Zoodle Soup
- CHOCOLATE ORANGE & HAZELNUT QUINOA PORRIDGE
- Roasted Squash Macaroni
- SuperGreen Seeded Energy Bars
- Valentine’s Breakfast Bowl
- Ken Hom’s Vegan-friendly Sichuan Dan Dan Noodles
- Love’s Vegan Chocolate Pot
- IMMUNE BOOSTING SOUP & SEEDY CARROT MUFFINS
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- The Ultimate Recipes For Veganuary!
- 6 Ways To Make Water More Interesting
- 10 things to look out for in our May issue
- Our 5 Favourite Pyrex Recipes
- Why You Should Prepare Your Nuts and Seeds
- 5 Seasonal Abel And Cole Recipes To Try This Month
- 10 Things to Look out for in our December Issue
- Veganuary Challenge Week One
- 10 things to look out for in our June issue
- One blender: three ways
- 3-COURSE VEGAN EASTER
- View all
The Vegan Manicure You Need to Know About
Deputy editor, Sian, visited Live True London's Vauxhall and Nine Elms salon to be treated to ORLY's vegan Breathable Nails polish – read on to find out her verdict!
Nothing felt rushed, and as the polish slicked onto my nails, I sank back into my chair and let the conversation flow. I chose the cherry-red 'Love My Nails' ORLY Breathable Nails polish – it's an all-in-one treatment that contains the benefits of a treatment, base coat, polish and top coat in a single application. The glossy formula includes argan oil, pro-vitamin B5 and vitamin C to help improve hydration... but unfortunately once the polish had dried, it chipped within two hours. I was pretty disappointed by this – I hadn't expected the polish to be as durable as gel, obviously, but I had hoped for a longer-lasting finish; especially with the £30 price tag.
So, next time I fancy a vegan treatment, I would certainly return to the salon, but perhaps I'd try a different product. Live True salons also use the vegan Pureology range of haircare – so perhaps I'll treat myself to a cut and bouncy blow-dry next time. For customer service, atmosphere and ambience, I would definitely recommend Live True London – you can also find them in Clapham and Brixton.
More from Cruelty Free Beauty
Need a new mascara? These ethical mascaras worth sp-lashing out for, as tested by Sadie Frost and Veggie deputy editor Sian Bunney
Get familiar with these three types of beauty wonders from Lush, and enjoy being part of the 'Naked' revolution sweeping skincare!
It's the wellness wonder hot on every beauty editor's lips – but what is Ayurveda, and how can you get involved in this trending tradition? We explore how this ancient practice applies to skincare – and you might just learn something about your own needs, too!
For light coverage and deep hydration, you can't go wrong with this range of tinted moisturisers and BB creams...
The Body Shop has added to its huge vegan range this January - and we're excited!