Soy Tomato Burgers
Ready in: 15 to 30 mins
Shake things up over the barbecue season with this delicious treat from The Meatless Farm Co and DJ BBQ
Ingredients:2 packs Meatless Farm burgers
salt and pepper
300g mushrooms, chopped
4 brioche buns
50ml rice wine vinegar
40g brown sugar
1 sprig of ginger, peeled and chopped
2 tbsp dried oregano
2 tbsp rosemary, chopped
3 garlic cloves
6 large tomatoes
- For the marinade, combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sauce, garlic and ginger in a large bowl. Then, add the dried oregano and rosemary. Slice the tomatoes so they are roughly 2cm in width, add into the marinade and leave to soak for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Place two frying pans onto the BBQ grill, add a drizzle of vegetable oil and bring to heat/ Add the chopped mushrooms into the first pan, then season to flavour. Gently stir for 5 minutes.
- In the other pan, heat the oil and season the burgers. Leave to fry for 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Toast your brioche buns directly onto the grill of the BBQ for one minute as this will create a barrier for the juicy marinade and stop them from going soggy.
- To serve, place the burgers and tomatoes into the buns and season.