- Healthy vegetarian recipes
- Vegetarian main course recipes
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetable soup
- Vegetarian Lasagna
- Cupcake recipes
- Healthy snacks
- Tofu recipes
- Quorn recipes
- Vegetarian lentil recipes
- Veggie burger recipes
- Vegetarian pasta recipes
- Vegetarian salad recipes
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- 5 Recipes To Try This Pancake Day
- Four Ways to Make the Most of Your Favourite Coffee
- 10 Things to Look Out For in our July issue
- 6 of the Best Mood-Boosting Foods
- 16 Easy Veggie Dinners In Under 30 Minutes
- Best Veggie Recipes of 2015
- 7 Vegan Shoe Designs You’ll Love
- 5 insanely good vegetarian picnic recipes you won’t have tried
- 6 Ways To Make Water More Interesting
- 5 Reasons To Try This Vegan Company That Gives Back
- 10 things to look out for in our March issue!
- View all
- Frozen Banoffee Parfait
- Raspberry Ripple Digestive Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Mango and Pineapple Ice Cream
- Strawberry Ripple Ice Cream
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream
- Jazz Apple, Mint and Chilli Ice Cream
- Strawberries and Cream Ice Cream
- Berry Ripple Ice Cream
- Banoffee Pie Ice Cream
- Berrylicious Ice Cream
- Chocolate Ice Cream Baked Alaska
- View All >
- Strawberry Pavlova
- Strawberry Shortbreads
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream
- Strawberry Jam Sandwich Breakfast Bars
- Strawberry Gin
- Strawberry and Vanilla Brown Sugar Toasted Brioche Sandwich
- Strawberry Bread and Butter Pudding
- Strawberry Dream Daiquiri
- Strawberry Smoothie
- Strawberry Smoothie with Lime
- View All >
7 Delicious Zero-Waste Dishes
Put a tasty spin on your leftovers with these innovative recipes
Chop any pre-cooked vegetables into small pieces. Fry a tortilla in one tablespoon of olive oil for 30 seconds on both sides. Sprinkle one half of the tortilla with grated cheese, then top with the chopped vegetables. Season with salt, pepper and any dressings you like, then fold over the tortilla to enclose the fillings. Brush the top with olive oil, then flip the quesadilla and fry until both sides are crispy. Repeat the process until all the ingredients are used.
Slice one banana and add to a blender. Chop any fruit you wish to include and add this to the blender, along with two tablespoons of Greek yoghurt and one tablespoon of honey. Blitz for 30 seconds and serve immediately. If you prefer a smoother consistency, swap the banana for 100ml of milk. You can also stir through 25g of porridge oats for an extra nutrient boost.
3. BUDDHA BOWLS
Preheat the oven to 200C/180F/Gas 6. Slice one sweet potato into cubes and place in a roasting dish. Drain one tin of chickpeas, rinse, then place in the dish with the sweet potato. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt, cumin and garlic powder (or any other spices you have). Mix well, then roast for approximately 30 minutes. Meanwhile, cook 170g of quinoa until fluffy and slice one carrot into ribbons. Assemble a large bowl with any salad ingredients you have (beetroot, cabbage and avocado work particularly well), then add the sweet potato, chickpeas and carrot ribbons. Finish with a dollop of hummus and a splash of olive oil.
Cook 200g of your favourite pasta. Meanwhile, fry one chopped red onion and two cloves of sliced garlic in one tablespoon of olive oil until browned. Add two tins of chopped tomatoes, two teaspoons of oregano and season with salt and pepper. Chop any pre-cooked vegetables (or quorn pieces) you wish and add these to the tomato sauce. Simmer for 15 minutes, then add the cooked pasta and mix well. Serve with a sprinkling of vegetarian Parmesan-style cheese.
Mix 200ml of soy sauce, one tablespoon of Sriracha, one tablespoon of toasted sesame oil, one tablespoon of rice vinegar and two tablespoons of curry powder. Feel free to substitute or omit ingredients for the sauce where appropriate. Cook 225g of vermicelli noodles and slice 200g of tofu into cubes. Fry the tofu cubes in one tablespoon of vegetable oil until golden brown, then add the noodles, sauce and any vegetables you wish (we recommend bean sprouts, baby corn and peppers). Once cooked, sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
Boil 500g of new potatoes, then drain and season with one tablespoon of olive oil, the juice and zest of one lemon, and salt and pepper. Cut one broccoli into florets and cook for four minutes with 200g of green beans. Stir the broccoli and beans into the potatoes, plus any other salad ingredients you wish to include, and crumble over 100g of feta. Top with two tablespoons of pine nuts and a handful of chopped dill.
Fry one chopped onion and two chopped carrots in three tablespoons of olive oil. Add four crushed garlic cloves, two teaspoons of ground cumin, one teaspoon of curry powder and half a teaspoon of dried thyme. Pour in one drained tin of diced tomatoes, followed by 200g of brown lentils, 900ml of vegetable stock and 450ml of water. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of chilli flakes, then bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes until the lentils are tender. Transfer the soup to a blender and blitz to the desired consistency, then return to the heat and cook for five minutes. Stir in the juice of half a lemon and serve with any leftover bread or crackers.
More from Vegetarian blog
With big brands like Reebok and Stella McCartney launching vegan footwear at the moment, it's time to step up your ethical shoe game
Sink into August with these delicious ideas from Anna Jones- click on the photos for recipes!
Make your own body butters quickly and easily with expert advice from Dr Lesley Phillips...
Wastage is a big concern for a lot of pesto lovers, so these delicious recipes are ideal for using up every last bit!
Flaunt your way through balmy, heady days with our pick of the best ethical dresses this season