Thai Tofu Green Curry
Ready in: 15 to 30 mins
Light, spicy and ready in 25 minutes, this is the easiest and tastiest Thai curry you’ll ever make. The recipe works as a great dinner, and any leftovers can be taken to work the next day for a quick heat-up for lunch
Ingredients:400ml tin of coconut milk
2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
300g basmati rice
2 tbsp vegetable oil
200g tofu, cut into cubes
200g fine green beans
2 sprigs of coriander, chopped salt and pepper crushed peanuts, to garnish (optional)
- Add the coconut milk and curry paste to a pan and heat until slowly bubbling.
- Meanwhile, add the rice with double the amount of water to a pan and bring to the boil. Once boiling, cook for three minutes, turn off the heat and put a lid on the pan so the rice can carry on steaming for 7-8 minutes. Do not stir as you want the rice to steam-absorb the water and fluff up.
- Pour the oil into a frying pan and cook the tofu until starting to brown. Season and add to the curry sauce.
- Add the green beans to the curry and cook for a further two minutes.
- Serve the rice in bowls with the green curry. Sprinkle with the coriander and garnish with the crushed peanuts, if using.