Lemon Garlic Broccoli Spaghetti
Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
Lemon and garlic add a fragrant twist to this bowl of vegan spaghetti.
1 large crown of broccoli, cut into bite-sized florets
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped and divided
salt, to taste
1 small shallot, finely chopped
60ml Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk
juice of 1 lemon
pepper, to taste
1 pack spaghetti
nutritional yeast, to serve
- Start boiling water for the pasta in a large pot. Meanwhile, in a large pan or skillet, heat enough olive oil to cover the base over a medium-high heat. Add the broccoli and a sprinkle of salt, and cook, covered, for five minutes, without touching the broccoli. Take the cover off, and stir - the broccoli should be beginning to brown slightly.
- Add half of the chopped garlic, and stir to combine. Cook for another two minutes, then stir in a tablespoon of lemon juice. Remove the broccoli from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- Start cooking the spaghetti according to the package instructions, then drain.
- Wipe the pan that you cooked your broccoli in clean, add about two tablespoons of olive oil, then place over a medium heat. Add the shallot and cook, stirring, until softened, for about five minutes. Add the rest of the garlic, and cook, until sizzling and fragrant, but not browning.
- Stir in the almond milk and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring, until heated through. Turn off the heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- Add the cooked pasta and broccoli to the skillet with the sauce and toss to combine. Serve immediately, sprinkled with nutritional yeast.