Pea, Feta & Mint Frittata
Ready in: 15 to 30 mins
This is a simple weekday meal, perfect for using up any leftover veg in your fridge or for showcasing the best seasonal produce. Cook until golden brown, but still a little soft in the middle, and eat any leftover frittata cold the next day for lunch.
Ingredients:3 tbsp olive oil
½ red onion, peeled and finely sliced
200g Charlotte potatoes, thinly sliced
4 free-range eggs
2 tbsp milk
15g mint, roughly chopped
100g frozen peas
10g chives, finely chopped
1 avocado, peeled and stoned
juice of ¼ lemon
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
80g watercress, spinach and rocket salad
salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/ Gas 3. Pour a tablespoon of the olive oil into a heated frying pan, then add the onion and potatoes and cook for 10 minutes, until golden and soft.
- Crack the eggs into a dish, season and add the milk. Add half the mint to the eggs along with the peas and half the chives. Crumble in the feta along with the cooked onion and potato and give it all a good mix. Grease a small round cake tin or small frying pan, add the mixture and bake for 20 minutes, until cooked through and golden on top.
- Meanwhile, using a potato peeler, ribbon the cucumber into small slivers. Thinly fan-slice the avocado.
- For the dressing, in a bowl mix the remaining olive oil with the lemon juice, remaining mint and chives, and some salt and pepper.
- Mix the ribboned cucumber, avocado and cherry tomatoes together with the salad leaves and dressing. Serve the sliced frittata with the salad on the side.