SuperGreen Seeded Energy Bars
This easy to make, vegan, gluten-free, recipe includes a simple ingredient list of Indigo Nutrition SuperGreen powder blend, gluten-free oats, seeds and dried fruit. These bars will supply you with dense nutrition, slow release energy, protein and anti-oxidants. Perfect for refuelling after the gym, or for a mid-afternoon energy boost.
Ingredients:75g gluten-free oats 75g sunflower seeds 90g hulled hemp seeds 80ml apple juice 50g dried apricots 50g dried dates 2 tsp Indigo Nutrition SuperGreens Powder 60ml coconut oil (melted)
- Preheat oven to 125 degrees c.
- Melt the coconut oil in a bain-marie (basin over a pan of pre-boiled water)
- In a blender blitz the oats for just a few seconds to create a rough flour, turn out into a large mixing bowl
- Do the same with the sunflower and hemp seeds, blend for just a few seconds, keeping a handful of hemp seeds back for the topping. Turn this out into the mixing bowl with the oats
- Put the dates and apricots in the blender with the apple juice and blend until nearly smooth. Add this paste to the bowl.
- Add melted coconut oil to the bowl.
- Then add the Indigo Nutrition SuperGreen powder to the bowl and mix everything well, ensuring it is all blended and a bit sticky.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and spread out the mixture well. Use a wet spoon to spread and press down well. Keep edges neat to avoid burning, Aim for about 1 cm thick.
- Next sprinkle the top with the remainder of the hemp seeds and press down well
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 25-30 mins until starting to brown at the edges.
- Leave to cool before cutting into bar shapes.