Cruelty Free Beauty
- 3 LUXURIOUS BODY SHOP LAUNCHES FOR VEGANUARY
- The Top 6 Vegan Lipsticks
- The Best Vegan Mascaras Available In The UK: Reviewed
- 6 vegan nail varnishes for instant glamour
- View all
- 6 Steps To Your Best Ever Zero-Waste Christmas
- 8 Eco-Friendly Travel Must-Haves
- How To Create The Perfect Capsule Wardrobe
- View all
- Sri Lankan Style Curried Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Tikka Masala
- Christmas Lentil, Pistachio and Cranberry Loaf
- Mushroom Wellington
- Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff
- Almande Apricot Flip
- Mushroom Pho
- California Walnut and Mushroom Burgers with Cucumber and Walnut Salad
- Pumpkin Spice Granola
- GLUTEN-FREE & VEGAN FLATBREADS
- CAULIFLOWER BREAD
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- VEGANUARY CHALLENGE WEEK TWO
- The best veggie foods to try when you’re travelling!
- 7 Delicious Zero-Waste Dishes
- Veganuary Challenge
- 10 things to look out for in our June issue
- 5 Delizioso Meals Using Cirio Passata!
- Our Favourite Gluten-free Products for Coeliac Awareness Week
- Indespensible tips for cooking shallots
- The easiest way to make more of sage
- 7 Tasty Ways with Pesto
- 10 Vegan Recipes To Try Today
- View all
The Daily Grind
International Coffee Day (October 1st) will once again shine a light on one of the world’s largest export. It’s time to wake up and smell the coffee...
CALIFIA CONCENTRATED COLD BREW, £5.99, WHOLE FOODS
Cold brewing makes for a smoother coffee, one that’s less acidic, with more antioxidants to boot. We keep a carton of Califia’s 100% Arabica brew in the fridge for instant iced lattes (try it with your favourite nut milk to keep it vegan), or add a shot to morning banana nut butter smoothies for a caffeine kick-start to the day.
PERCOL ITALIAN-STYLE BLACK & BEYOND COFFEE BAGS, £3.49, CO-OP, PERCOL.CO.UK
For those moments when you haven’t the time to grind, brew and wait for the perfect rich and dark cup of Joe, Percol has launched coffee bags. Simply top with water, leave for 3-4 minutes, remove and enjoy.
UNION HAND-ROASTED COFFEE NATURAL SPIRIT WHOLEBEAN, £5.50, WAITROSE, UNIONROASTED.COM
The folks at Union have been sourcing, roasting, living and loving good coffee since 2001, and to this day hand-roast all their coffee in small batches. The proof is in the taste and right now we’re loving this blend with notes of chocolate truffle, sugared lemon and toffee fudge.
KEEPCUP TASTING NOTES COLOUR SERIES, £20, UK.KEEPCUP.COM
A reusable coffee cup is the easiest way to help fight the world’s growing single-use plastic dependency problem. Taking inspiration from the iconic coffee flavour wheel used by baristas worldwide, we love this series from KeepCup with sustainably sourced, biodegradable cork band.
CONKER COLD BREW COFFEE LIQUEUR, £30, CONKERSPIRIT.CO.UK
A complex, dark and fruity brew for espresso lovers, made with beans from Dorset’s Beanpress Coffee Co. With no additives, flavourings or thickeners added, we can’t wait to use it in our handmade dark chocolate truffles come the festive season.
STELLAR HOB TOP 6 CUP ESPRESSO MAKER, £74.95, HARTSOFSTUR.COM
Why spend money on hand-crafted coffee beans to ruin them with the wrong tools? We love this stylish, sleek appliance which works on all hobs and is dishwasher safe.
DID YOU KNOW?
Fresh air is coffee’s arch nemesis. Why? Because fresh coffee is hygroscopic; it absorbs everything in its environment – oxygen, moisture and odours. Once opened, a bag of whole bean coffee starts losing its flavour after one week, and ground coffee after just 15 minutes. The fridge, surprisingly, is one of the worst places to store fresh coffee; instead store it in a dry, stable environment, and brew within 14 days. Or, pop it in the freezer, where its fine flavours are locked in for much longer.
More from Vegetarian blog
Looking for some new dishes to inspire your Veganuary journey? We've got you covered! Try one of these delicious recommendations, and don't forget to share your efforts with us using the hashtag #VeggieReaderRecipe on social media!
We take our pick of the best vegan recipes to wow this Christmas!
It has emerged that banned chemicals make up many of our children’s plastic toys
The sun might be a hazy memory, but you'll glow your way through the greyest of days with these seasonal saviours...