Honey bees dance when they return to their hive to tell the other bees where the flowers are, so in their honour here are seven honey recipes that are so good they’ll make you want to jig too.
Cruelty Free Beauty
- The Best Vegan Mascaras Available In The UK: Reviewed
- Sadie Frost’s Beauty Secrets
- The Vegan Manicure You Need to Know About
- 3 must-try vegan launches from Lush’s Naked range!
- The 2019 Beauty Buzzword You Need to Know…
- 5 Vegan Tinted Moisturisers to Get Your Glow Back
- 3 LUXURIOUS BODY SHOP LAUNCHES FOR VEGANUARY
- The Top 6 Vegan Lipsticks
- 6 vegan nail varnishes for instant glamour
- View all
- 5 Easy Ways To Be More Eco-Friendly For Earth Day On 22nd April
- 6 Steps To Your Best Ever Zero-Waste Christmas
- 8 Eco-Friendly Travel Must-Haves
- How To Create The Perfect Capsule Wardrobe
- View all
- Miguel Barclay’s Sweetcorn & Courgette Fritters
- Sticky Spiced Buns
- Mediterranean Avocado Hummus with Pitta Bread Crisps
- Almond, Turmeric and Kale Miso Ramen
- Easy Thai Mushroom Zoodle Soup
- CHOCOLATE ORANGE & HAZELNUT QUINOA PORRIDGE
- Roasted Squash Macaroni
- SuperGreen Seeded Energy Bars
- Valentine’s Breakfast Bowl
- Ken Hom’s Vegan-friendly Sichuan Dan Dan Noodles
- Love’s Vegan Chocolate Pot
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- One blender: three ways
- The 10 best vegetarian cookery blogs
- 10 must-cook Christmas recipes for vegetarians
- OUR TOP 5 NON-WIPE CLEANSERS
- 7 Times Tesco’s Recipes Totally Nailed It for Vegetarians
- 6 things top chefs can’t live without
- Lucy Watson’s Vegan Diet Diary
- Vegan? Just Ask!
- 10 Easy Recipes to Enjoy This National Vegetarian Week
- 10 Vegetarian Christmas Recipes That Aren’t Nut Roast
- 13 things only vegetarians do
- View all
7 Honey Recipes for National Honey Week
The lazy days and beautiful botanicals of summer are well and truly behind us, but just because the bees aren’t buzzing around us anymore doesn’t mean we can’t still enjoy the fruits of their labour - it is National Honey Week after all.
These are easy to make, taste delicious and if you love Ella’s recipes, you’ll find many of the ingredients in your cupboard already.
The perfect spicy, sticky snack to offer guests throughout the winter. Serve on your biggest wooden board and watch them disappear!
There's nothing like a lovely warming soup, especially when it’s made with honey-roasted butternut squash.
A tarte tatin in any form is a beautiful thing but this is one of our all-time favourites and a real show stopper when you bring it to the dinner table. Serve with a dressed green salad and a fresh crusty baguette.
There are many ways to pimp up your salads and using honey is a total winner. Even the bees themselves would love this one! Choose peppery salad, such as wasabi rocket and mustard leaves, for a tasty contrast between the sweet dressing and savoury cheese.
Raw desserts are big news right now and show no signs of fading away. There’s no baking here, just whizzing up the ingredients and letting your freezer do all the work. Filled with only health-boosting ingredients, this cheesecake will delight the taste buds of anyone who tries it.
Serve this hot out of the oven with our Honey Roasted Butternut Squash Soup and you’ve got the perfect lunch for National Honey Week - warming and filling to see you through to dinner.
More from Vegetarian blog
Need a new mascara? These ethical mascaras worth sp-lashing out for, as tested by Sadie Frost and Veggie deputy editor Sian Bunney
Feast your eyes on these delicious offerings and enjoy all week long!
We’ve always been desperate to find out the secrets behind Sadie Frost’s youthful, supple skin. This issue she spills the beans to Paisley Tedder…
Make these simple swaps today and do your bit to save the planet!
Ella Mills, the author, chef and entrepreneur behind plant-based powerhouse, Deliciously Ella, divulges her vegan meal secrets and shares an insight into her diet for a day…