Cruelty Free Beauty
- The Best Vegan Mascaras Available In The UK: Reviewed
- The Vegan Manicure You Need to Know About
- 3 must-try vegan launches from Lush’s Naked range!
- The 2019 Beauty Buzzword You Need to Know…
- 5 Vegan Tinted Moisturisers to Get Your Glow Back
- 3 LUXURIOUS BODY SHOP LAUNCHES FOR VEGANUARY
- The Top 6 Vegan Lipsticks
- 6 vegan nail varnishes for instant glamour
- View all
- 5 Easy Ways To Be More Eco-Friendly For Earth Day On 22nd April
- 6 Steps To Your Best Ever Zero-Waste Christmas
- 8 Eco-Friendly Travel Must-Haves
- How To Create The Perfect Capsule Wardrobe
- View all
- Sticky Spiced Buns
- Mediterranean Avocado Hummus with Pitta Bread Crisps
- Almond, Turmeric and Kale Miso Ramen
- Easy Thai Mushroom Zoodle Soup
- CHOCOLATE ORANGE & HAZELNUT QUINOA PORRIDGE
- Roasted Squash Macaroni
- SuperGreen Seeded Energy Bars
- Valentine’s Breakfast Bowl
- Ken Hom’s Vegan-friendly Sichuan Dan Dan Noodles
- Love’s Vegan Chocolate Pot
- IMMUNE BOOSTING SOUP & SEEDY CARROT MUFFINS
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- 5 Reasons To Try This Vegan Company That Gives Back
- Our Favourite Gluten-free Products for Coeliac Awareness Week
- It’s National Burger Day!
- 7 WAYS WITH LEEKS
- 9 famous foods you won’t believe were made by accident
- The 5 best recipes for Tenderstem
- Deliciously Ella’s Orange and Baobab Cake
- 7 Tasty Treats for National Chocolate Week
- 5 tips for cooking mouth-watering beetroot
- 4 RECIPES FOR UK COFFEE WEEK
- How to prep your veg… Cordon Bleu style!
- View all
The 5 best recipes for Tenderstem
HAVE YOU TRIED TENDERSTEM BROCCOLI? IT ORIGINATES FROM JAPAN WHERE IT WAS DEVELOPED USING CLASSICAL PLANT BREEDING TECHNIQUES. THE IDEA WAS TO BREED A MORE FLAVOURSOME BRASSICA BY CROSSING BROCCOLI AND CHINESE KALE...
1. TO STEAM
Pop your Tenderstem in a regular steamer and steam for 3-4 minutes until the stems are al-dente.
2. TO BOIL
Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil, plunge your Tenderstem in and bring back to the boil.
Toss your Tenderstem in a little olive oil and seasoning. Place on a hot BBQ or in a hot griddle pan, turning until the stems are lightly charred.
Preheat your oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4, toss in a little olive oil and seasoning (you could even add a few chilli flakes, a little cumin or your favourite spice) and roast for 10-12 minutes until the stems are crispy and golden.
Simply washed and trimmed, Tenderstem spears can make delicious and fresh-tasting crudités. Make a simple dip for them by grating a cucumber and mixing it Greek yoghurt, a crushed garlic clove, a dash of lemon juice and a sprinkling of smoked paprika.
Why not try making Tagliatelle with Tenderstem, Thyme and Tallegio Sauce, find the recipie here here
More from Vegetarian blog
Need a new mascara? These ethical mascaras worth sp-lashing out for, as tested by Sadie Frost and Veggie deputy editor Sian Bunney
Make these simple swaps today and do your bit to save the planet!
Ella Mills, the author, chef and entrepreneur behind plant-based powerhouse, Deliciously Ella, divulges her vegan meal secrets and shares an insight into her diet for a day…
Deputy editor, Sian, visited Live True London's Vauxhall and Nine Elms salon to be treated to ORLY's vegan Breathable Nails polish – read on to find out her verdict!
Find out what deputy editor, Sian thought when she ventured out to Boxpark Shoreditch to try the latest vegan and veggie items on the menu...