TURMERIC & BEETROOT GLAZED ROASTED VEGGIES
Try making these delicious antioxidant rich marinades and add colour and nutritional benefits to your tray of roasted veg. Using only a few key ingredients, transform whatever you have in the fridge with these easy to make superfoods mixes using turmeric and beetroot powder - this would work just as well on the BBQ as it does in the oven!
Ingredients:1 large aubergine, cut into chunks 2 peppers sliced thickly 1 large courgette, sliced 150g cherry tomatoes
For the turmeric glaze -2 tablespoons Coconut Oil melted 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup 2 teaspoons Turmeric powder Juice of ½ lemon Pinch of salt and black pepper
For the beetroot glaze -2 tablespoons Coconut Oil melted 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup 2 teaspoons Beetroot Powder Juice of ½ lemon Pinch of salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C and line two baking sheets or ovenproof dishes.
- Prepare your vegetables and divide them equally between two bowls.
- For each glaze, whisk together the ingredients separately, adding a dash of water to make them slightly looser.
- Pour each one into a bowl and stir well to coat the vegetables. Spoon the beetroot one into one tin; the turmeric into another and spread out in a single layer.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes until the veggies have softened. Remove from the tins and place into two separate serving bowls. Top the turmeric one with pumpkin seeds and beetroot with flaked almonds to add a splash of colour and crunch.