Cruelty Free Beauty
- The Top 6 Vegan Lipsticks
- The Best Vegan Mascaras Available In The UK: Reviewed
- 6 vegan nail varnishes for instant glamour
- View all
- 6 Steps To Your Best Ever Zero-Waste Christmas
- 8 Eco-Friendly Travel Must-Haves
- How To Create The Perfect Capsule Wardrobe
- View all
- Christmas Lentil, Pistachio and Cranberry Loaf
- Mushroom Wellington
- Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff
- California Walnut, Spinach and Feta Baklava
- Almande Apricot Flip
- Sicilian Lentil Pasta
- Brilliantly British Apple and Walnut Cakes
- Mushroom Pho
- California Walnut and Mushroom Burgers with Cucumber and Walnut Salad
- Spicy Quorn Curry with Potatoes & Peas
- Pumpkin Spice Granola
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- 9 Mushroom Recipes You’ll Definitely Make Room For
- 7 Recipes for Clean Eating
- 5 Reasons To Try This Vegan Company That Gives Back
- Keep The Kids Busy With This Step-By-Step Guide To A DIY Hiding Space
- It’s National Burger Day!
- 6 things top chefs can’t live without
- How To Keep Your Healthy Eating Resolutions
- 10% off your first order from GIVE Kitchen!
- 7 Gnocchi Recipes You’ll Cook Time and Time Again
- 12 vegetarian hacks that are borderline genius
- 5 New Ways With Asparagus
- View all
5 Ways To Ward Off A Cold
Avoid the seasonal sniffles with these helpful lifestyle hacks
Most of us get exposed to colds and flu viruses at this time of year, but a strong immune system will improve our chances of fighting off those bugs. Carotino Healthier Cooking Oil is rich in antioxidant vitamins which help support our immune systems. By switching to Carotino Oil in place of your ordinary cooking oil you could boost your intake without even trying! www.carotino.co.uk
2. Sleep it off
Getting enough rest is an absolute must! Too many late nights and early mornings can take a toll on your health and a lack of shut eye can make you more prone to colds and flu. So, ditch the after office cocktails and opt for an early night – your immune system will thank you for it!
3. Up your vits
Zinc might not be your go-to vitamin when you're feeling stuffy, but it should be! Not only can it strengthen your immune system and help heal wounds, but it can reduce the duration of a cold by 50 percent. Get munching on zinc-rich foods such as mushrooms and spinach to boost your intake.
Carotino Healthier Cooking Oil is great for all kinds of cooking and is naturally rich in vitamin A and E, plus omega 3 and 6. Just one tablespoonful of Carotino in your everyday cooking could make a big contribution to your daily intake of these essential nutrients. www.carotino.co.uk
It can often feel like someone's hit the switch on your health when winter rolls around, so you'd be forgiven for wanting to opt for a cosy night in when you're feeling bunged up. But, a gentle stroll could improve your mood and your immune system. Plus, if you head out at lunch time you'll get a hit of vitamin D – essential during the winter months.
More from Vegetarian blog
The sun might be a hazy memory, but you'll glow your way through the greyest of days with these seasonal saviours...
Bio-D is the latest organisation out of 250 which have signed up to The New Plastics Economy Global Commitment.
These ethical, cruelty-free beauty buys are sure to impress this Christmas!
Last-minute food shopping? Don't panic – we've got you covered with these veggie highlights...
Outraged by the ban on Iceland's palm oil Christmas ad? Switch up your food shop with these ethical picks