Cruelty Free Beauty
- The Best Vegan Mascaras Available In The UK: Reviewed
- 3 must-try vegan launches from Lush’s Naked range!
- The 2019 Beauty Buzzword You Need to Know…
- 5 Vegan Tinted Moisturisers to Get Your Glow Back
- 3 LUXURIOUS BODY SHOP LAUNCHES FOR VEGANUARY
- The Top 6 Vegan Lipsticks
- 6 vegan nail varnishes for instant glamour
- View all
- 6 Steps To Your Best Ever Zero-Waste Christmas
- 8 Eco-Friendly Travel Must-Haves
- How To Create The Perfect Capsule Wardrobe
- View all
- CHOCOLATE ORANGE & HAZELNUT QUINOA PORRIDGE
- Roasted Squash Macaroni
- SuperGreen Seeded Energy Bars
- Valentine’s Breakfast Bowl
- Ken Hom’s Vegan-friendly Sichuan Dan Dan Noodles
- Love’s Vegan Chocolate Pot
- IMMUNE BOOSTING SOUP & SEEDY CARROT MUFFINS
- Smashed Avocado and Lime Toasts
- Sri Lankan Style Curried Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Tikka Masala
- Christmas Lentil, Pistachio and Cranberry Loaf
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- 7 Things to Look Out For in the March Issue
- 5 Benefits of using Neuner’s Nursing Tea
- 7 Delicious, Speedy Ways with Tenderstem
- 7 Times Tesco’s Recipes Totally Nailed It for Vegetarians
- 6 Spiralizer Recipes That Will Brighten Up Your Day!
- The Best Low-Fat Hairy Biker Recipes
- 12 Things You’ll Only Understand if You Love Nut Butter
- 4 SUPER SALADS AND 3 OF THE BEST DRESSINGS
- Best Veggie Recipes of 2015
- 8 Recipes That Use Coconut Oil Like A Boss
- Watch! Deliciously Ella’s Salted Maca Fudge Recipe
- View all
natural remedies for rosacea
Ease the pain of rosacea with these natural ingredients...
“Rosacea is a common skin condition that causes redness and visible blood vessels in the face. It can be uncomfortable, embarrassing and can affect anyone – in fact a recent report by Bupa revealed that it can affect one in 10 people in the UK. Symptoms often begin with flushing, tiny red spots and a burning or stinging sensation. The exact cause of rosacea is unknown; however, it is thought to be triggered by stress, sunlight, alcohol, caffeine and spicy foods. It’s important to see your GP to get skin checked in the first instance but there are some great natural anti inflammatory remedies which have been known to help. These include:
HONEY – an excellent antibacterial and humectant, meaning it helps skin retain moisture without feeling oily. Massage a teaspoon onto affected areas, leave for 15 minutes and then rinse with warm water. This wonder ingredient also helps with the appearance of scars and increases healing and tissue regeneration.
ALOE VERA – known for its treatment of sunburn, this green goop is also great for rosacea as it contains two hormones (auxin and gibberellins) that help heal and stimulate new healthy cell growth. Apply directly to affected areas, leave to dry and then rinse and pat. Do this twice a day.
OATS – brilliant at nourishing and calming skin, oats have soothing, anti-oxidant, healing and moisturising properties. Grind a handful in a blender with water to create a paste, apply to affected areas and wait 15 minutes. Then rinse with cool water and pat dry.
Also, make sure you ALWAYS wear a sunscreen. Sun can aggravate rosacea so you need to keep it well protected with a high SPF. Finally, avoid products that contain ingredients that could make the rosacea worse. Steer clear of products containing alcohol, mineral oil, lanolin, artificial fragrances and cheap fillers."Dominika Minarovic is co-founder of Clean Beauty Co. and ByBi Beauty. All products are 100% natural, vegan and cruelty free. For more information, visit cleanbeautyco.com
More from Vegetarian blog
Discover a vibrant, delicious soup and Melissa's top tips for eating well this winter...
Looking for some new dishes to inspire your Veganuary journey? We've got you covered! Try one of these delicious recommendations, and don't forget to share your efforts with us using the hashtag #VeggieReaderRecipe on social media!
We take our pick of the best vegan recipes to wow this Christmas!
It has emerged that banned chemicals make up many of our children’s plastic toys