Cruelty Free Beauty
- The Best Vegan Mascaras Available In The UK: Reviewed
- Sadie Frost’s Beauty Secrets
- The Vegan Manicure You Need to Know About
- 3 must-try vegan launches from Lush’s Naked range!
- The 2019 Beauty Buzzword You Need to Know…
- 5 Vegan Tinted Moisturisers to Get Your Glow Back
- 3 LUXURIOUS BODY SHOP LAUNCHES FOR VEGANUARY
- The Top 6 Vegan Lipsticks
- 6 vegan nail varnishes for instant glamour
- View all
- 5 Easy Ways To Be More Eco-Friendly For Earth Day On 22nd April
- 6 Steps To Your Best Ever Zero-Waste Christmas
- 8 Eco-Friendly Travel Must-Haves
- How To Create The Perfect Capsule Wardrobe
- View all
- Miguel Barclay’s Sweetcorn & Courgette Fritters
- Sticky Spiced Buns
- Mediterranean Avocado Hummus with Pitta Bread Crisps
- Almond, Turmeric and Kale Miso Ramen
- Easy Thai Mushroom Zoodle Soup
- CHOCOLATE ORANGE & HAZELNUT QUINOA PORRIDGE
- Roasted Squash Macaroni
- SuperGreen Seeded Energy Bars
- Valentine’s Breakfast Bowl
- Ken Hom’s Vegan-friendly Sichuan Dan Dan Noodles
- Love’s Vegan Chocolate Pot
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- 6 Ways To Make Water More Interesting
- 21 Ways to Eat Healthily on a Budget
- 10 Easy Recipes to Enjoy This National Vegetarian Week
- The easiest way to make more of sage
- 6 AFFORDABLE BEAUTY BUYS TO FILL YOUR STOCKING
- Keep The Kids Busy With This Step-By-Step Guide To A DIY Hiding Space
- 8 Easy Ways To Make Your Skin Glow!
- It’s World Vegan Month Let’s Talk All Things Vegan…
- How To Keep Your Healthy Eating Resolutions
- Sign of the times: Áine Carlin on Fashion Revolution Week
- 3 Easy Steps to Silky-Smooth Skin
- View all
natural remedies for rosacea
Ease the pain of rosacea with these natural ingredients...
“Rosacea is a common skin condition that causes redness and visible blood vessels in the face. It can be uncomfortable, embarrassing and can affect anyone – in fact a recent report by Bupa revealed that it can affect one in 10 people in the UK. Symptoms often begin with flushing, tiny red spots and a burning or stinging sensation. The exact cause of rosacea is unknown; however, it is thought to be triggered by stress, sunlight, alcohol, caffeine and spicy foods. It’s important to see your GP to get skin checked in the first instance but there are some great natural anti inflammatory remedies which have been known to help. These include:
HONEY – an excellent antibacterial and humectant, meaning it helps skin retain moisture without feeling oily. Massage a teaspoon onto affected areas, leave for 15 minutes and then rinse with warm water. This wonder ingredient also helps with the appearance of scars and increases healing and tissue regeneration.
ALOE VERA – known for its treatment of sunburn, this green goop is also great for rosacea as it contains two hormones (auxin and gibberellins) that help heal and stimulate new healthy cell growth. Apply directly to affected areas, leave to dry and then rinse and pat. Do this twice a day.
OATS – brilliant at nourishing and calming skin, oats have soothing, anti-oxidant, healing and moisturising properties. Grind a handful in a blender with water to create a paste, apply to affected areas and wait 15 minutes. Then rinse with cool water and pat dry.
Also, make sure you ALWAYS wear a sunscreen. Sun can aggravate rosacea so you need to keep it well protected with a high SPF. Finally, avoid products that contain ingredients that could make the rosacea worse. Steer clear of products containing alcohol, mineral oil, lanolin, artificial fragrances and cheap fillers."Dominika Minarovic is co-founder of Clean Beauty Co. and ByBi Beauty. All products are 100% natural, vegan and cruelty free. For more information, visit cleanbeautyco.com
More from Vegetarian blog
Need a new mascara? These ethical mascaras worth sp-lashing out for, as tested by Sadie Frost and Veggie deputy editor Sian Bunney
Feast your eyes on these delicious offerings and enjoy all week long!
We’ve always been desperate to find out the secrets behind Sadie Frost’s youthful, supple skin. This issue she spills the beans to Paisley Tedder…
Make these simple swaps today and do your bit to save the planet!
Ella Mills, the author, chef and entrepreneur behind plant-based powerhouse, Deliciously Ella, divulges her vegan meal secrets and shares an insight into her diet for a day…