Jersey Royal, Lentil and Feta Burgers
Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
This tasty burger is packed full of flavour and perfect to indulge in on summer evenings. It's ready in 40 minutes, too, so ideal for a midweek quick-fix the whole family can enjoy!
Ingredients:500g Jersey Royal Potatoes, scrubbed and halved if large
3 tbsp oil
5 spring onions
2 garlic cloves, crushed
150g tinned green lentils, drained
200g feta cheese, crumbled
50g sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
20g parsley, chopped
1 tsp dried oregano
3 tbsp polenta
For the slaw: h 4> 150g kale, stems removed and leaves shredded 1 small carrot, grated
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the Jersey Royals and simmer for 15 minutes until tender. Drain and roughly crush with the back of a spoon.
- Head 2 teaspoons of oil in a frying pan, add the spring onions and garlic, and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened. Stir in the potato mixture and set aside to cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, add the lentils, feta, tomatoes, parsley, oregano and some black pepper.
- With wet hands, shape the mixture into 4 burgers. Put the polenta on a plate and coat the burgers all over.
- To make the slaw, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Chill until required.
- Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan. Cook the burgers for 6-8 minutes until golden on the outside and hot in the middle.
- Split the burger buns, fill with the beetroot slices, some avocado, a burger each, and serve with the slaw.