Cruelty Free Beauty
- The Best Vegan Mascaras Available In The UK: Reviewed
- 3 must-try vegan launches from Lush’s Naked range!
- The 2019 Beauty Buzzword You Need to Know…
- 5 Vegan Tinted Moisturisers to Get Your Glow Back
- 3 LUXURIOUS BODY SHOP LAUNCHES FOR VEGANUARY
- The Top 6 Vegan Lipsticks
- 6 vegan nail varnishes for instant glamour
- View all
- 6 Steps To Your Best Ever Zero-Waste Christmas
- 8 Eco-Friendly Travel Must-Haves
- How To Create The Perfect Capsule Wardrobe
- View all
- CHOCOLATE ORANGE & HAZELNUT QUINOA PORRIDGE
- Roasted Squash Macaroni
- SuperGreen Seeded Energy Bars
- Valentine’s Breakfast Bowl
- Ken Hom’s Vegan-friendly Sichuan Dan Dan Noodles
- Love’s Vegan Chocolate Pot
- IMMUNE BOOSTING SOUP & SEEDY CARROT MUFFINS
- Smashed Avocado and Lime Toasts
- Sri Lankan Style Curried Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Tikka Masala
- Christmas Lentil, Pistachio and Cranberry Loaf
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- Bill’s top tips to celebrate the autumn harvest
- It’s World Vegan Month Let’s Talk All Things Vegan…
- 6 Spiralizer Recipes That Will Brighten Up Your Day!
- The Only Snacks You’ll Need For The Opening Ceremony
- How to prep your veg… Cordon Bleu style!
- Secrets of a Chef: How to think like a professional
- How to make your best ever spice blend
- 9 Mushroom Recipes You’ll Definitely Make Room For
- 6 Ways To Make Water More Interesting
- 6 of the Best Mood-Boosting Foods
- The 10 best vegetarian cookery blogs
- View all
LUCY SIEGLE’S 5 EASY ECO HACKS
This Recycle Week, buff up with Lucy's top tips for living a more sustainable life – you can read her full article in our October 2018 issue, on sale now!
I believe that recycling should actually come last on your list of green behaviours. This might sound strange, but here's the gist – use the eight 'R's in the following order:
Recording your plastic use is the entry point; if you keep a tally of the flow of plastics into your bin, you'll be amazed at how much unwanted material sneaks into your life.
2 Remove your buying power from problem brands.
Direct your hard-earned cash towards better alternatives. Buy well with an eye to the future, and instil the '30 wears' rule when it comes to your wardrobe – if you can't commit to wearing a piece a minimum of 30 times, don't buy it!
3 Look for up-and-coming brands addressing over-production.
There are a profusion of new companies with business models that are based on small collections made from waste products. In the next few months, I predict the launch of rental sites and take-back fashion services. Prioritise all of these above mainsteam brands making 'green noises' – their eco initiatives don't address the volume and pace of their production.
4 Try a few small shopping hacks.
Take your own Tupperware to the deli counter, and use the paper bags near the mushrooms for other loos produce, instead of the plastic bags.
5 Get started with something fun.
A beach clean is a great way to get involved with the plastic-free movement. They're crucial in establishing evidence for change, they're surprisingly good fun, and you'll learn a tonne about plastic.
More from Vegetarian blog
Discover a vibrant, delicious soup and Melissa's top tips for eating well this winter...
Looking for some new dishes to inspire your Veganuary journey? We've got you covered! Try one of these delicious recommendations, and don't forget to share your efforts with us using the hashtag #VeggieReaderRecipe on social media!
We take our pick of the best vegan recipes to wow this Christmas!
It has emerged that banned chemicals make up many of our children’s plastic toys