Reginette Pasta with Beetroot and Sour Cream Sauce
Ready in: 15 to 30 mins
This healthy dinner is colourful and packed full of big flavours
Ingredients:280g reginette pasta
2 garlic cloves
1 pack cooked beetroot
2 tsp olive oil
200ml low-fat sour cream
2 handfuls rocket
bunch chives, finely chopped
salt and pepper
[hd]To serve (optional)[/hd]
your favourite salad dressing or
a drizzle of oil
vegetarian Parmesan-style cheese shavings
- Boil a kettle of water, pour into a large saucepan and bring back to the boil. Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, roughly chop the shallots, garlic and beetroot. Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the shallots for 5-6 minutes until they start to soften. Add the garlic and cook for another two minutes.
- Take off the heat and add the beetroot and sour cream to the pan. Blend the mixture using a hand blender or food processor to a coarse sauce. Taste and season well with salt and black pepper
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and return to the pan. Pour the warm sauce over the pasta and toss to coat the pasta well. In a separate bowl dress the rocket with a little oil or your favourite dressing (optional).
- Scatter rocket over each plate then top with the beetroot pasta. Drizzle over any sauce left in the pan and sprinkle over the chives. Top with the remaining rocket and a few shavings of vegetarian Parmesan-style cheese (optional).
Serves: 4 Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
Serves: 4 Ready in: Under 15 Mins
Serves: 8 Ready in: 60 mins +
Serves: 2 Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
Serves: 6 Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
Serves: 4 Ready in: 60 mins +
Serves: 4 Ready in: 15 to 30 mins