RAW CHOCOLATE SUPERFOOD BARS
Ingredients:100g cacao butter, cut into smaller pieces 2 tablespoons coconut oil 5 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 45g cacao powder 2 teaspoons maca powder (optional)
For the additionsChopped dates Cacao nibs Flaked almonds Dried apricots chopped Dried rose petals Pistachio nuts chopped Goji berries Pumpkin seeds Bee pollen
- Get 3 silicone chocolate bar moulds ready. For each variety, arrange the dried fruits/nuts/seeds in one layer to cover the base. Set aside.
- Now make the chocolate: Put some water in a pan and bring it to the boil over a medium-high heat, then remove from heat. Add the chopped-up cacao butter to a glass or ceramic bowl and place over the pan (making sure it doesn’t touch the water). Allow to melt, about 3-4 minutes, then remove.
- Whisk in the coconut oil, maple syrup or agave and vanilla to combine, then the cacao powder until completely smooth and glossy.
- Carefully pour into each chocolate mould to reach the top and cover the dried fruits, nuts and seeds.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour to set - then you’re ready to enjoy!
- Keep in the fridge for up to a week in an airtight container.