Cruelty Free Beauty
- The Best Vegan Mascaras Available In The UK: Reviewed
- Sadie Frost’s Beauty Secrets
- The Vegan Manicure You Need to Know About
- 3 must-try vegan launches from Lush’s Naked range!
- The 2019 Beauty Buzzword You Need to Know…
- 5 Vegan Tinted Moisturisers to Get Your Glow Back
- 3 LUXURIOUS BODY SHOP LAUNCHES FOR VEGANUARY
- The Top 6 Vegan Lipsticks
- 6 vegan nail varnishes for instant glamour
- View all
- 5 Easy Ways To Be More Eco-Friendly For Earth Day On 22nd April
- 6 Steps To Your Best Ever Zero-Waste Christmas
- 8 Eco-Friendly Travel Must-Haves
- How To Create The Perfect Capsule Wardrobe
- View all
- Miguel Barclay’s Sweetcorn & Courgette Fritters
- Sticky Spiced Buns
- Mediterranean Avocado Hummus with Pitta Bread Crisps
- Almond, Turmeric and Kale Miso Ramen
- Easy Thai Mushroom Zoodle Soup
- CHOCOLATE ORANGE & HAZELNUT QUINOA PORRIDGE
- Roasted Squash Macaroni
- SuperGreen Seeded Energy Bars
- Valentine’s Breakfast Bowl
- Ken Hom’s Vegan-friendly Sichuan Dan Dan Noodles
- Love’s Vegan Chocolate Pot
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- The Best Low-Fat Hairy Biker Recipes
- Best Veggie Recipes of 2015
- Become a vegan natural chef with CNM
- 13 simple ways to make your dinner party amazing!
- The best veggie foods to try when you’re travelling!
- One blender: three ways
- 10 things to look out for in our April issue
- Sara Cox’s top reasons to choose organic
- 7 Things to Look Out For in the March Issue
- The Only Ratatouille Recipes You’ll Need!
- Go Greek and Vegan at The Athenian
- View all
It’s Sustainable Fashion Month, let’s talk all things fashion…
This month is Sustainable Fashion Month, focusing on all things ethical in the fashion world. As a nation our thirst for fashion is hugely impacting the environment, so let's raise awareness of this important issue and champion those working to make the fashion industry a more moral place.
Victoria Beckham made her first London Fashion Week appearance at a party championing sustainable fashion. She attended the Green Carpet Challenge BAFTA Evening to Remember event alongside other big names such as Keira Knightley, Will.i.am and Anna Wintour, all showing their support for the cause.
Estethica are a big part of sustainable fashion at London Fashion Week and this year they showcased eight new designers, including Auria, Bottletop, Charini, Christopher Raeburn, Eden Diodati, Mich Dulce x Zacarias, Pachacuti and Termite. The Emerging Talents showroom featured ready-to-wear by Flavia La Rocca, luxury knitwear by Katie Jones, sportswear by Louise De Testa and hand knitted pieces by Wool and the Gang.
Estethica was founded by the British Fashion Council (BFC) with Orsola de Castro and Filippo Ricci in September 2006 and each year Estethica designers are chosen for their design excellence and commitment to working in a sustainable way. All designers adhere to the key Estethica sustainable and ethical principles. Since beginning Estethica has supported more than 100 designers from over 20 countries.
It would seem that sustainable fashion is creeping into the market, but perhaps we need to give it an extra push...
Don't forget it's Organic Beauty Week (ending 25th) so look for the logo when shopping organic and natural beauty. With no current legal standard in place, certification is the only way you can trust the quality and integrity of the products you're buying.
More from Vegetarian blog
Need a new mascara? These ethical mascaras worth sp-lashing out for, as tested by Sadie Frost and Veggie deputy editor Sian Bunney
Feast your eyes on these delicious offerings and enjoy all week long!
We’ve always been desperate to find out the secrets behind Sadie Frost’s youthful, supple skin. This issue she spills the beans to Paisley Tedder…
Make these simple swaps today and do your bit to save the planet!
Ella Mills, the author, chef and entrepreneur behind plant-based powerhouse, Deliciously Ella, divulges her vegan meal secrets and shares an insight into her diet for a day…