She says; “I choose organic because I think it tastes better, it’s gorgeous, and I think it’s good for the animals and good for the planet. Food grown organically is food as it should be. Give me a knobbly misshapen organic strawberry over the weirdly uniform non-organic ones any day. To put it simply, organic food makes me happy.”
Cruelty Free Beauty
- The Best Vegan Mascaras Available In The UK: Reviewed
- The Vegan Manicure You Need to Know About
- 3 must-try vegan launches from Lush’s Naked range!
- The 2019 Beauty Buzzword You Need to Know…
- 5 Vegan Tinted Moisturisers to Get Your Glow Back
- 3 LUXURIOUS BODY SHOP LAUNCHES FOR VEGANUARY
- The Top 6 Vegan Lipsticks
- 6 vegan nail varnishes for instant glamour
- View all
- 5 Easy Ways To Be More Eco-Friendly For Earth Day On 22nd April
- 6 Steps To Your Best Ever Zero-Waste Christmas
- 8 Eco-Friendly Travel Must-Haves
- How To Create The Perfect Capsule Wardrobe
- View all
- Sticky Spiced Buns
- Mediterranean Avocado Hummus with Pitta Bread Crisps
- Almond, Turmeric and Kale Miso Ramen
- Easy Thai Mushroom Zoodle Soup
- CHOCOLATE ORANGE & HAZELNUT QUINOA PORRIDGE
- Roasted Squash Macaroni
- SuperGreen Seeded Energy Bars
- Valentine’s Breakfast Bowl
- Ken Hom’s Vegan-friendly Sichuan Dan Dan Noodles
- Love’s Vegan Chocolate Pot
- IMMUNE BOOSTING SOUP & SEEDY CARROT MUFFINS
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- Indespensible tips for cooking shallots
- The Ultimate Recipes For Veganuary!
- 5 Reasons We Love The McCartneys
- Sign of the times: Áine Carlin on Fashion Revolution Week
- 9 famous foods you won’t believe were made by accident
- 6 things top chefs can’t live without
- 6 simple tips for cooking aubergine
- 7 Honey Recipes for National Honey Week
- 12 Things You’ll Only Understand if You Love Nut Butter
- Nutrition Chat…
- 10 things to look out for in our October issue
- View all
Sara Cox’s top reasons to choose organic
Sara Cox, one of the UK’s best loved radio and TV presenters, and mother of three children, has launched Organic. Feed Your Happy, a campaign to celebrate and share the joy of organic food.
7 ways to choose organic and feed your happy
1 Start small – just add 1 or 2 organic items to your shopping basket.
2 Shop for what your budget allows and cook in bulk. Cook extra portions for your evening meal so you can have it for lunch the next day, or freeze them so you have some homemade ready meals on tap.
3 Keep an eye out for offers on organic brands in store and online (there’ll be lots in Organic September). End of day markdowns can make for great savings – but be sure to only buy the foods you actually want and will use!
4 Try an organic delivery box scheme.
5 Plan your meals using foods that make you feel happy. Creating a list of meals for the week goes hand in hand with that shopping list you’ve made. And it’ll help you feel much more relaxed about cooking for your family as you’ve already thought ahead!
6 Look for the organic symbol - Soil Association or Organic Farmers & Growers.
7 Shopping locally: I like supporting my local independent shops, which is also a good way to explore new ideas. It’s so exciting to see lots of different varieties of organic produce, and I love finding an unusual organic product.
The #FeedYourHappy campaign with ambassador Sara Cox celebrates organic food, encouraging people to share why organic food makes them feel happy #FeedYourHappy.
More from Vegetarian blog
Need a new mascara? These ethical mascaras worth sp-lashing out for, as tested by Sadie Frost and Veggie deputy editor Sian Bunney
Make these simple swaps today and do your bit to save the planet!
Ella Mills, the author, chef and entrepreneur behind plant-based powerhouse, Deliciously Ella, divulges her vegan meal secrets and shares an insight into her diet for a day…
Deputy editor, Sian, visited Live True London's Vauxhall and Nine Elms salon to be treated to ORLY's vegan Breathable Nails polish – read on to find out her verdict!
Find out what deputy editor, Sian thought when she ventured out to Boxpark Shoreditch to try the latest vegan and veggie items on the menu...