- Healthy vegetarian recipes
- Vegetarian main course recipes
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetable soup
- Vegetarian Lasagna
- Cupcake recipes
- Healthy snacks
- Tofu recipes
- Quorn recipes
- Vegetarian lentil recipes
- Veggie burger recipes
- Vegetarian pasta recipes
- Vegetarian salad recipes
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- Indespensible tips for cooking shallots
- 10 things to look out for in our 100th issue!
- The Expert Gardener’s Guide to Growing Courgettes
- 4 SUPER SALADS AND 3 OF THE BEST DRESSINGS
- 5 essential tips for cooking with asparagus
- The Only Ratatouille Recipes You’ll Need!
- Paul Hollywood’s 10 Secrets To Great Baking
- Bill’s top tips to celebrate the autumn harvest
- 10 things to look out for in our March issue!
- 10 Ways You’re Doing Afternoon Tea Wrong
- 19 Summer Desserts Perfect For Vegetarians
- View all
- Frozen Banoffee Parfait
- Raspberry Ripple Digestive Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Mango and Pineapple Ice Cream
- Strawberry Ripple Ice Cream
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream
- Jazz Apple, Mint and Chilli Ice Cream
- Strawberries and Cream Ice Cream
- Berry Ripple Ice Cream
- Banoffee Pie Ice Cream
- Berrylicious Ice Cream
- Chocolate Ice Cream Baked Alaska
- View All >
- Strawberry Pavlova
- Strawberry Shortbreads
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream
- Strawberry Jam Sandwich Breakfast Bars
- Strawberry Gin
- Strawberry and Vanilla Brown Sugar Toasted Brioche Sandwich
- Strawberry Bread and Butter Pudding
- Strawberry Dream Daiquiri
- Strawberry Smoothie
- Strawberry Smoothie with Lime
- View All >
7 Delicious, Speedy Ways with Tenderstem
A cross between broccoli and Chinese kale, this superfood gem has a subtle, sweetness to entice the taste buds
Tenderstem® With Teriyaki Noodles
Stir-fry 220g of chopped Tenderstem® with one sliced onion for two minutes. Add two cloves of sliced garlic, 3cm of grated ginger and one sliced red chilli and cook for another minute. Pour 200g of Teriyaki sauce into the mixture, along with two tablespoons of water, and stir. Add 300g of ready-to-eat egg noodles and sprinkle with one tablespoon of sesame seeds and some coriander.
Tenderstem® With Garlic Puy Lentils
Toast 40g of halved hazelnuts in the oven until golden brown. Steam 360g of Tenderstem® for seven minutes. Stir-fry a clove of chopped garlic for 30 seconds, then add 250g of ready-to-eat Puy lentils - season with salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice. Add 20g of roughly-chopped dill and stir through. Place the steamed Tenderstem® on a plate and dress with one tablespoon of olive oil, another squeeze of lemon juice and salt and pepper. Tip the lentils over the top with two tablespoons of crème fraîche and the toasted hazelnuts.
Tenderstem® Buddha Bowl
Add two sweet potatoes - peeled and cubed - to a roasting dish with one tin of drained chickpeas, two tablespoons of olive oil, two tablespoons of whole cumin and one tablespoon of Cajun spice. Season with salt and pepper, then roast for 30-40 minutes. Fry a handful of pumpkin seeds in one tablespoon of olive oil until they pop. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and one tablespoon of chilli flakes. Using a peeler, slice three carrots into ribbons and wash a few leaves of lettuce. Boil 200g of Tenderstem® and the carrot ribbons. Arrange the ingredients in a bowl and top with four tablespoons of hummus and the chilli pumpkin seeds. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil and finish with handful of sesame seeds.
Harissa-Roasted Tenderstem® With Goat’s Cheese
Peel and slice three shallots, then add to a roasting dish with 360g of Tenderstem®, two tablespoons of rose harissa, and one tablespoon of sea salt flakes. Mix well and roast for 15 minutes until crispy. Remove from the oven and dress with one tablespoon of lemon juice. Crumble 125g of goat’s cheese over the top with 30g of toasted almond flakes and 10g of chopped parsley. Serve straight away.
Tenderstem®, Beetroot & Toasted Seed Salad
Steam 200g of Tenderstem® for 3-4 minutes until tender. Cook 80g of mixed seeds with one tablespoon of soy sauce for three minutes. Arrange the Tenderstem® and 250g of pre-cooked beetroot wedges on a plate. For the dressing, whisk two tablespoons of pressed rapeseed oil with the juice of half a lemon - season with pepper and sea salt. Sprinkle the toasted seeds over the Tenderstem® and beetroot and top with chives. Drizzle over the dressing and serve immediately.
Creamy Lemon Pasta With Tenderstem®
Heat 280g of cream cheese with two grated garlic cloves - stir until smooth. Place 160g of spaghetti in salted water and cook for 5-10 minutes, adding 200g of Tenderstem® and 80g of broad beans from their pods. Juice and zest one lemon and add to the cream cheese, along with 100g of vegetarian Parmesan style cheese and one teaspoon of chilli flakes, plus salt and pepper. Coat the drained spaghetti and Tenderstem® in the sauce and serve with the broad beans, a handful of toasted pine nuts and chopped parsley. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil to finish.
Charred Tenderstem® With Oriental Dressing
Gently simmer 220g of Tenderstem® for approximately three minutes. In a griddle pan, toast one tablespoon of sesame seeds until brown, then put to one side. Drain the Tenderstem® and griddle for three minutes on either side. For the dressing, mix two tablespoons of tamari, a quarter of a teaspoon each of chopped garlic, chopped ginger and chilli flakes, plus salt and pepper. Plate up the Tenderstem® with the toasted sesame seeds and drizzle over the dressing.
For more delicious Tenderstem® recipes, visit tenderstem.co.uk
More from Vegetarian blog
Sink into August with these delicious ideas from Anna Jones- click on the photos for recipes!
Make your own body butters quickly and easily with expert advice from Dr Lesley Phillips...
Wastage is a big concern for a lot of pesto lovers, so these delicious recipes are ideal for using up every last bit!
Flaunt your way through balmy, heady days with our pick of the best ethical dresses this season
Inspire yourself with this delicious vegan meal plan, perfect for a busy day!