Cruelty Free Beauty
- The Best Vegan Mascaras Available In The UK: Reviewed
- The Vegan Manicure You Need to Know About
- 3 must-try vegan launches from Lush’s Naked range!
- The 2019 Beauty Buzzword You Need to Know…
- 5 Vegan Tinted Moisturisers to Get Your Glow Back
- 3 LUXURIOUS BODY SHOP LAUNCHES FOR VEGANUARY
- The Top 6 Vegan Lipsticks
- 6 vegan nail varnishes for instant glamour
- View all
- 5 Easy Ways To Be More Eco-Friendly For Earth Day On 22nd April
- 6 Steps To Your Best Ever Zero-Waste Christmas
- 8 Eco-Friendly Travel Must-Haves
- How To Create The Perfect Capsule Wardrobe
- View all
- Sticky Spiced Buns
- Mediterranean Avocado Hummus with Pitta Bread Crisps
- Almond, Turmeric and Kale Miso Ramen
- Easy Thai Mushroom Zoodle Soup
- CHOCOLATE ORANGE & HAZELNUT QUINOA PORRIDGE
- Roasted Squash Macaroni
- SuperGreen Seeded Energy Bars
- Valentine’s Breakfast Bowl
- Ken Hom’s Vegan-friendly Sichuan Dan Dan Noodles
- Love’s Vegan Chocolate Pot
- IMMUNE BOOSTING SOUP & SEEDY CARROT MUFFINS
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- Easy Recipes That You’ll Want to Make Every Week
- World Pasta Day
- It’s World Vegetarian Day, let’s talk all things Veggie…
- 5 insanely good vegetarian picnic recipes you won’t have tried
- Sensational Shop-bought Festive Food
- Fairtrade & Fabulous
- OUR TOP 5 NON-WIPE CLEANSERS
- 7 Recipes for Clean Eating
- VEGANUARY CHALLENGE WEEK TWO
- 6 Spiralizer Recipes That Will Brighten Up Your Day!
- 10 Things to Look Out For in our July issue
- View all
7 Delicious, Speedy Ways with Tenderstem
A cross between broccoli and Chinese kale, this superfood gem has a subtle, sweetness to entice the taste buds
Tenderstem® With Teriyaki Noodles
Stir-fry 220g of chopped Tenderstem® with one sliced onion for two minutes. Add two cloves of sliced garlic, 3cm of grated ginger and one sliced red chilli and cook for another minute. Pour 200g of Teriyaki sauce into the mixture, along with two tablespoons of water, and stir. Add 300g of ready-to-eat egg noodles and sprinkle with one tablespoon of sesame seeds and some coriander.
Tenderstem® With Garlic Puy Lentils
Toast 40g of halved hazelnuts in the oven until golden brown. Steam 360g of Tenderstem® for seven minutes. Stir-fry a clove of chopped garlic for 30 seconds, then add 250g of ready-to-eat Puy lentils - season with salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice. Add 20g of roughly-chopped dill and stir through. Place the steamed Tenderstem® on a plate and dress with one tablespoon of olive oil, another squeeze of lemon juice and salt and pepper. Tip the lentils over the top with two tablespoons of crème fraîche and the toasted hazelnuts.
Tenderstem® Buddha Bowl
Add two sweet potatoes - peeled and cubed - to a roasting dish with one tin of drained chickpeas, two tablespoons of olive oil, two tablespoons of whole cumin and one tablespoon of Cajun spice. Season with salt and pepper, then roast for 30-40 minutes. Fry a handful of pumpkin seeds in one tablespoon of olive oil until they pop. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and one tablespoon of chilli flakes. Using a peeler, slice three carrots into ribbons and wash a few leaves of lettuce. Boil 200g of Tenderstem® and the carrot ribbons. Arrange the ingredients in a bowl and top with four tablespoons of hummus and the chilli pumpkin seeds. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil and finish with handful of sesame seeds.
Harissa-Roasted Tenderstem® With Goat’s Cheese
Peel and slice three shallots, then add to a roasting dish with 360g of Tenderstem®, two tablespoons of rose harissa, and one tablespoon of sea salt flakes. Mix well and roast for 15 minutes until crispy. Remove from the oven and dress with one tablespoon of lemon juice. Crumble 125g of goat’s cheese over the top with 30g of toasted almond flakes and 10g of chopped parsley. Serve straight away.
Tenderstem®, Beetroot & Toasted Seed Salad
Steam 200g of Tenderstem® for 3-4 minutes until tender. Cook 80g of mixed seeds with one tablespoon of soy sauce for three minutes. Arrange the Tenderstem® and 250g of pre-cooked beetroot wedges on a plate. For the dressing, whisk two tablespoons of pressed rapeseed oil with the juice of half a lemon - season with pepper and sea salt. Sprinkle the toasted seeds over the Tenderstem® and beetroot and top with chives. Drizzle over the dressing and serve immediately.
Creamy Lemon Pasta With Tenderstem®
Heat 280g of cream cheese with two grated garlic cloves - stir until smooth. Place 160g of spaghetti in salted water and cook for 5-10 minutes, adding 200g of Tenderstem® and 80g of broad beans from their pods. Juice and zest one lemon and add to the cream cheese, along with 100g of vegetarian Parmesan style cheese and one teaspoon of chilli flakes, plus salt and pepper. Coat the drained spaghetti and Tenderstem® in the sauce and serve with the broad beans, a handful of toasted pine nuts and chopped parsley. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil to finish.
Charred Tenderstem® With Oriental Dressing
Gently simmer 220g of Tenderstem® for approximately three minutes. In a griddle pan, toast one tablespoon of sesame seeds until brown, then put to one side. Drain the Tenderstem® and griddle for three minutes on either side. For the dressing, mix two tablespoons of tamari, a quarter of a teaspoon each of chopped garlic, chopped ginger and chilli flakes, plus salt and pepper. Plate up the Tenderstem® with the toasted sesame seeds and drizzle over the dressing.
For more delicious Tenderstem® recipes, visit tenderstem.co.uk
More from Vegetarian blog
Need a new mascara? These ethical mascaras worth sp-lashing out for, as tested by Sadie Frost and Veggie deputy editor Sian Bunney
Make these simple swaps today and do your bit to save the planet!
Ella Mills, the author, chef and entrepreneur behind plant-based powerhouse, Deliciously Ella, divulges her vegan meal secrets and shares an insight into her diet for a day…
Deputy editor, Sian, visited Live True London's Vauxhall and Nine Elms salon to be treated to ORLY's vegan Breathable Nails polish – read on to find out her verdict!
Find out what deputy editor, Sian thought when she ventured out to Boxpark Shoreditch to try the latest vegan and veggie items on the menu...