Sweet Potato and Blackberry Cheesecake
"Serve this delicious cheesecake with seasonal berries and a dollop of mascarpone"
Ingredients:[hd]For the Sweet Potato Compote[/hd]
2 cardamom pods
1 star anise
250g sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
juice of 1 orange
1 tbsp honey
[hd]For the Blackberry Purée[/hd]
2 tsp sugar
[hd]For the Cheesecake Base[/hd]
220g oat biscuits
60g butter, melted
30g dark chocolate, chopped (optional)
[hd]For the Cheesecake Filling[/hd]
3 free-range eggs
seeds from 1 vanilla pod
500g mascarpone cheese
50g plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 150C/300F/Gas 2 and line a 25cm cake tin. Place the spices in a pan and warm. Add the potato and cook for one minute. Add half the juice and cook for two minutes. Add the honey.
- Make the purée by placing the berries and sugar into a pan with 1 tbsp water on a low heat until mushy. Blend to a purée before passing through a fine sieve.
- To make the base, blitz the biscuits in a processor. Mix with the butter and chocolate. Spoon into the cake tin.
- Make the filling by mixing the eggs, vanilla seeds and sugar. Add the mascarpone and beat. Add the flour.
- Discard the spices. Fold the sweet potato into the cheese mixture. Pour into the cake tin and then drizzle over the purée. Bake for 40 minutes.