Cruelty Free Beauty
- The Top 6 Vegan Lipsticks
- The Best Vegan Mascaras Available In The UK: Reviewed
- 6 vegan nail varnishes for instant glamour
- View all
- 6 Steps To Your Best Ever Zero-Waste Christmas
- 8 Eco-Friendly Travel Must-Haves
- How To Create The Perfect Capsule Wardrobe
- View all
- Christmas Lentil, Pistachio and Cranberry Loaf
- Mushroom Wellington
- Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff
- California Walnut, Spinach and Feta Baklava
- Almande Apricot Flip
- Sicilian Lentil Pasta
- Brilliantly British Apple and Walnut Cakes
- Mushroom Pho
- California Walnut and Mushroom Burgers with Cucumber and Walnut Salad
- Spicy Quorn Curry with Potatoes & Peas
- Pumpkin Spice Granola
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- Vegan? Just Ask!
- 6 Fun Ways With Fresh Produce
- How to prep your veg… Cordon Bleu style!
- Green Cleaning Company Bio-D Signs Up To Plastic Pact
- OUR TOP 5 NON-WIPE CLEANSERS
- Veganuary Challenge Week One
- Our 5 Favourite Pyrex Recipes
- 5 insanely good vegetarian picnic recipes you won’t have tried
- 5 health boosting smoothie ingredients
- 6 Palm-Free Products To Try
- 5 Breakfast Upgrades From Honestly Healthy You Need To Try!
- View all
10 Extraordinary Uses For Coconut Oil
There's a reason (or ten reasons!) why everyone's talking about this amazing ingredient!
Thanks to its stability at high cooking temperatures, coconut oil is the perfect fat to fry vegetables in. Plus its delicate coconut flavour is just the ticket for enhancing stir-fries and curries.
Simply splash warm water onto your face and then massage a dab of coconut oil all over your face. Wipe with a clean flannel before rinsing with cooler water. It even removes stubborn mascara.
Coconut oil is the perfect fat to bake with and can be a great replacement for all your baking fats. It's so easy too; if a recipe calls for 100g butter, use 75g coconut oil instead.
4. Cuticle care
Got troublesome cuticles? Rub a little coconut oil into your nails and put on cotton gloves before bed to wake up to softer, stronger and healthier nails and cuticles.
Coconut oil, thanks to its high smoke point, makes fab roasted veggies. Just prep your vegetables in the usual way before tossing in coconut oil and your chosen seasonings. Then, roast at 200C/400F/Gas 6 for 20-40 minutes depending on the veg.
Comb small amounts of coconut oil into your hair, paying particular attention to the ends. Pop in a shower cap and leave to sink in for an hour. Then, wash out for lusciously healthy locks.
7. On toast
Coconut oil doesn't just make a great butter replacement in your cooking and baking, it tastes good enough to enjoy on toast too!
Chapped lips won't stand a chance against the healing and protecting properties of coconut oil.
Coconut oil is the perfect way to make your veggie fry up just that little bit healthier. Add a dollop to your frying pan before adding your usual meat-free sausages, tomatoes and eggs.
10. Reduce scars
The appearance of stretch marks and scars can all be improved by the application of neat coconut oil. Just rub it into the affected area twice a day and look forward to clearer skin.
More from Vegetarian blog
The sun might be a hazy memory, but you'll glow your way through the greyest of days with these seasonal saviours...
Bio-D is the latest organisation out of 250 which have signed up to The New Plastics Economy Global Commitment.
These ethical, cruelty-free beauty buys are sure to impress this Christmas!
Last-minute food shopping? Don't panic – we've got you covered with these veggie highlights...
Outraged by the ban on Iceland's palm oil Christmas ad? Switch up your food shop with these ethical picks