Cruelty Free Beauty
- 3 LUXURIOUS BODY SHOP LAUNCHES FOR VEGANUARY
- The Top 6 Vegan Lipsticks
- The Best Vegan Mascaras Available In The UK: Reviewed
- 6 vegan nail varnishes for instant glamour
- View all
- 6 Steps To Your Best Ever Zero-Waste Christmas
- 8 Eco-Friendly Travel Must-Haves
- How To Create The Perfect Capsule Wardrobe
- View all
- Sri Lankan Style Curried Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Tikka Masala
- Christmas Lentil, Pistachio and Cranberry Loaf
- Mushroom Wellington
- Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff
- Almande Apricot Flip
- Mushroom Pho
- California Walnut and Mushroom Burgers with Cucumber and Walnut Salad
- Pumpkin Spice Granola
- GLUTEN-FREE & VEGAN FLATBREADS
- CAULIFLOWER BREAD
- View all
- Spinach and ricotta quiche vegetarian recipe
- Cheats mushroom and spinach lasagne vegetarian recipe
- Lentil bolognese vegetarian recipe
- Creamy mushroom stroganoff vegetarian recipe
- Malaysian Rendang curry vegetarian recipe
- Feta, Butternut Squash, Caramelised Onion and Cashew Nut Wellingtons
- 12 vegetarian hacks that are borderline genius
- It’s National Burger Day!
- THE ULTIMATE VEGAN WEDDING CAKE
- 5 TOP PANCAKE DAY RECIPES
- 10 things to look out for in our May issue
- World Pasta Day
- Warning For UK Shoppers Over Toxic Toys
- 5 Hemsley + Hemsley Recipes Perfect For Autumn
- 10 Things to Look Out For in our July issue
- 7 Showstopping Vegan Bakes
- 21 Ways to Eat Healthily on a Budget
- View all
10 Vegetarian Christmas Recipes That Aren’t Nut Roast
Although we wouldn’t turn down a great nut roast, we've put together a selection of knockout Christmas dishes that blow this traditional veggie dish out of the water!
The cauliflower is veg patch royalty and this dish is one that certainly presents itself accordingly. Serve this showstopper with all of your usual Christmas trimmings and a rich onion gravy.
The perfect vegetarian Christmas lunch centrepiece, this barley wreath is packed with grains, root vegetables, mixed mushrooms, herbs and spices. It’s delicious to nibble on with some pickles on Boxing Day.
This dish may be untraditional for a Christmas main, but it’s comforting and delicious. If you’re not a fan of feta try using crumbly goat’s cheese instead.
The punchy flavours of Persian cooking are great at Christmas time, they lend themselves perfectly to veggie dishes. You can’t go wrong with squash and pistachios!
The combination of creamy cheese, earthy chestnuts and sweet cherries make these pumpkins a real treat. Instead of pumpkins you could use a butternut squash, or two.
Put some welly in your Christmas dinner. You can make these vegan Wellingtons ahead to give yourself more time for present opening on the day.
This high-sided pie takes time, care and love to make, but it’s Christmas and it’s totally worth it. Plus, it will keep in the fridge for a few days.
These beautiful puff pastry pies are filled with oozing melted cheese and mushrooms. To avoid a soggy bottom, put the pithiviers on a baking tray on the hob on a medium heat for a few minutes before popping them in the oven.
You can’t beat the combination of a crumbly, crusty pastry and succulent filling, it’s the ultimate Christmas comfort food.
This one’s a great sharing starter and adds a pop of colour to the dinner table. If you don’t have beetroot you can solely use shallots and vice versa, it will be just as delicious.
More from Vegetarian blog
Looking for some new dishes to inspire your Veganuary journey? We've got you covered! Try one of these delicious recommendations, and don't forget to share your efforts with us using the hashtag #VeggieReaderRecipe on social media!
We take our pick of the best vegan recipes to wow this Christmas!
It has emerged that banned chemicals make up many of our children’s plastic toys
The sun might be a hazy memory, but you'll glow your way through the greyest of days with these seasonal saviours...