This delicious pasta is so quick and easy, yet delicious enough to serve to guests
bunch of Tenderstem broccoli, chopped into 3cm pieces
bunch of asparagus, trimmed and chopped into 3cm pieces
2 tbsp pine nuts
1 tbsp olive oil
a pinch of chilli flakes
handful of basil leaves
4 tbsp vegetarian Pecorino-style cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water for around 10 mins or until ‘al dente’. (The pasta is ‘al dente’ when it is cooked through, but with a slight bit of firmness left in the middle.) Before you drain the pasta, reserve a few tablespoons of the pasta water.
- In the other pot of water blanche the asparagus and broccoli. Drain the asparagus and broccoli after one minute and leave to the side.
- Once the oven is hot put the pine nuts on a baking tray. Put them in the oven for 2-3 minutes to brown off. Watch your nuts like a hawk, as any they can easily burn.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add a pinch of chilli flakes. Fry for one minute. Add the blanched asparagus, Tenderstem and 3 tablespoons of the pasta water. Cook for two minutes.
- Combine the vegetables with the drained pasta, Pecorino-style cheese, pine nuts, the basil and finish with olive oil.