Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Coriander Oil
Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
This vegan soup really delivers on flavour!
Ingredients:1 medium butternut squash, approx 750g, peeled
3 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large carrot, chopped
1 large garlic clove, crushed
1 medium red chilli, seeded and chopped
1 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
350g potatoes, peeled and diced
1.2lt vegan vegetable stock
[hd]For the Coriander Oil[/hd]
small bunch coriander, stalks trimmed
90ml (6 tbsp) Fillipo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Peel the butternut squash, cut in half, discard the seeds and stringy bits then chop into large chunks. Place on a roasting tray and drizzle with 1 tbsp of the oil. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tbsp of oil in a large pan, add the onion and carrot and cook gently for five minutes. Stir in the garlic, chilli and ginger and cook for five minutes more, stirring.
- Add the potatoes and stock, bring to simmer, cover the pan and cook for 15 minutes.
- Put coriander leaves into a food processor or blender, add the oil and blend until finely chopped. Scoop out into a bowl and wash the appliance.
- Add roasted squash to the pan and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before puréeing the soup in batches. Season to taste.
- Serve the soup in warm bowls then drizzle the coriander oil over each serving.