Summer Bean, Pea and Feta Salad
Ready in: 15 to 30 mins
Ingredients:150g dwarf beans, topped and tailed
150g runner beans, topped and tailed, side strings removed if necessary and sliced thinly on the diagonal
75g podded raw peas
200g cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
handful of basil leaves, shredded
60g rocket leaves
100g vegetarian feta cheese
handful of black olives
[hd]For the dressing[/hd]
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tbsp lemon juice
pinch of sugar
3 tbsp olive oil
- For the dressing, combine mustard, lemon juice and sugar in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in the olive oil and season to taste.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil. Cook the dwarf beans for 4-5 minutes and after two minutes add runner beans.
- Cook for a further three minutes or until the beans are just tender. Drain and refresh the beans under cold water.
- Put the beans into a large bowl. Add the raw peas, tomatoes, red onion, basil and prepared dressing and stir gently to combine. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Divide the rocket between four plates and top each with the bean salad. Crumble the feta cheese evenly over the salads and garnish each with a few of the black olives. Serve with chunks of warm, crusty bread.