Baked Feta, Cherry Tomatoes & Garlic Ciabatta
Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
This one is perfect for when you have a group of people round: lots of tearing, dipping and sharing! The feta goes all rich and squidgy in the oven, too - it is sublime. Recipe extracted from MOB Veggie: Feed 4 or More for Under £10 by Ben Lebus (Pavilion Books). Photography: Haarala Hamilton.
Ingredients:1 red onion
250g packet cherry tomatoes
100g pitted olives
2 x 200g blocks of feta
nice ciabatta loaf
salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180C/360F/Gas 4. Roughly chop up your onion and a garlic clove.
- Mix the cherry tomatoes, pitted olives, four teaspoons of capers, the chopped onion and garlic, a heaped teaspoon of oregano, a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Put the feta blocks on a layer of foil on a baking tray, folding the edges of the foil up to collect the juices. Pile your mixture on top, then bake for 30 minutes. When it has baked for 20 minutes, place your ciabatta loaf in the oven to warm up.
- Meanwhile, chop up four garlic cloves and a handful of parsley leaves, and add them to a bowl. Melt 150g butter in a pan, then add it to the garlic and parsley and mix in.
- Cut your warm ciabatta in half. Spread your butter all over the two cut sides, then place it back in the oven for five minutes.
- Remove the feta from the oven and garnish with parsley. Tear up your garlic ciabatta, spoon out the feta and tuck in!