Summer Buddha Bowl
This fuss-free summer recipe takes very little time to prepare and is incredible way of packing lots of vegetables into one dish.
Ingredients:4-5 Gosh! Sweetcorn & Quinoa Bites 450g of chopped mix greens of your choice ½ avocado sliced ½ sweet potato a handful of finely shredded purple cabbage 1 tbsp of lemon juice 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar ½ courgette, sliced 170g of cooked quinoa a handful of cherry tomatoes a handful of sauerkraut (optional)
For the beetroot hummus:1 x can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed 1 heaped tbsp of tahini paste 1 clove of garlic juice of ½ lemon ½ small beetroot, peeled and chopped salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to electric 200C/400F/Gas4
- Add all the hummus ingredients into a food processor and blend for about 2-3 minutes, or until smooth. Set aside.
- Chop the sweet potato into bite size pieces (leave the skin on) and place them onto a baking tray. Drizzle some olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes until soft.
- After 10 minutes add the sliced courgette to the tray. Toss them around so they get coated in the oil and seasoning.
- Place the Gosh! bites onto a separate tray and bake them in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Slice the cabbage very finely and place it into a bowl with the lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and salt. With your hands, massage it in.
- Once the sweet potatoes are cooked assemble the bowl: start by laying the chopped mixed greens, top them with the Gosh! bites, cooked quinoa, roasted veggies, sliced avocado, purple cabbage, sauerkraut (if using) cherry tomatoes and use the beetroot hummus as a dressing. Sprinkle some sesame and pumpkin seeds in for an extra crunch.