Peach Melba Cupcakes
Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
Ingredients:200g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
100g butter, softened
150g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 large free-range eggs, at room temperature
75g peaches, chopped
50g fresh raspberries
For the buttercream
120g butter, softened
200g icing sugar, sifted
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp milk
vegetarian food colouring in peach and claret
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 (reduce for fan ovens). Line a 12 hole muffin tin with cupcake cases. Sift the flour and baking powder together and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy then add the vanilla extract. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the peaches.
- Fold in half the sifted flour, then the milk, then the rest of the flour. Now, gently fold in the raspberries.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a cocktail stick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Place on wire racks to cool completely.
- To make the buttercream, cream the butter with a wooden spoon, gradually adding the sugar until smooth and creamy. Now add the vanilla extract and milk.
- Place half the buttercream into a bowl and colour with the peach colouring. Colour the other half with the claret in a separate bowl.
- Using a palette knife, place the buttercream into a piping bag, alternating between the two colours. Pipe onto the cupcakes and then garnish with raspberries and peach slices.