WHITE SPELT PANCAKES
Serve these spelt pancakes warm with fresh or stewed fruit, and drizzle with your favourite syrup. We used fresh summer berries and golden syrup – what a treat!
Ingredients:150g Doves Farm organic stoneground white spelt flour
25g icing sugar
1 tsp FREEE by Doves Farm baking powder
2 large eggs
butter, for cooking
stewed or fresh fruit
- Put the flour, icing sugar and baking powder into a jug and stir to combine.
- Break the eggs into the jug, add the milk and beat to a smooth, thick batter.
- Put a small knob of butter into a frying pan over a medium heat. As it melts, tip the pan so that the melted butter covers its surface.
- Pour some batter into the pan to make 10cm circles and cook over a medium heat.
- When bubbles appear on the surface and the base is golden, turn the pancake over and cook the other side.
- Transfer the cooked pancakes to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve warm with stewed or fresh fruit and syrup.