Made with rich black olives, broccoli, fennel and Pilgrims Choice Mature Cheddar, this mouth-watering dish is the ideal recipe to serve up when entertaining family and friends.
Ingredients:40g broccoli 50g fennel 1 small red onion 150g Pilgrims Choice Mature Cheddar tomato puree basil leaves chilli flakes black Kalamata olives lemon oil, to drizzle Pizza base 1 tsp sea salt 1g dried yeast sachet ½ tbsp golden caster sugar 2 tbsp olive oil 325ml lukewarm water 500g white bread flour
- First, make the pizza base. Sieve the flour and salt on to a clean work surface, and make a well in the middle.
- In a jug, mix the yeast, sugar, olive oil and water, and leave it for a few minutes. Pour the mixture into the well, and mix together to combine. Knead until it has a smooth springy touch.
- Place the dough in a flour dusted bowl, cover with a damp cloth and leave in a warm room for about an hour.
- Remove the dough and knead to knock out the air - it is now ready to use. Roll the dough out to make a nice thin base.
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5. Add the tomato puree along with some chopped basil (reserving a few whole leaves to use as a garnish). Sprinkle on the 150g Pilgrims Choice Mature Cheddar and add the toppings.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden.