Vegan Valentine’s Tarts
Ready in: 15 to 30 mins
These chocolate treats make a delicious romantic dessert for Valentine's weekend
For the crust:150g roasted cashews
50g shredded unsweetened coconut
150g soft dates, pitted
1 vanilla bean
25g cacao nibs
For the filling:200g Violife Creamy Original
200g salted roasted cashews
220ml canned coconut milk
75ml coconut oil
40g cocoa powder
8 whole dates, pits removed
2 tbsp vanilla extract
- Line 6 muffin trays with cases. Meanwhile, in n a food processor, add all of the crust ingredients and pulse until finely chopped and combined.
- Press one tablespoon of the dough into each muffin tin, using your fingers to ease it off the spoon. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Place the muffin tins into the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Add the ingredients for the filling into the same food processor and blend until the mixture is fudge like - smooth, thick and very creamy.
- Remove the muffin shells from the freezer and fill with the chocolate fudge.