Vegan Valentine’s Cupcakes
Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
These sweet little cupcakes are perfect for a special occasion, and you could switch the strawberries for seasonal pear or rhubarb for a carbon conscious swap
For the cupcakes:220g all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
240ml almond milk
10ml vanilla extract
80ml olive oil
15ml white vinegar
For the frosting:200g Violife Creamy Original
50g coconut powder
100g powdered sugar icing
Fresh strawberries, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and line a cupcake tray with six cupcake holders.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add the sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Add the almond milk, vanilla extract, oil and white vinegar and mix thoroughly, using a hand whisk to get rid of any lumps. Pour the batter into a jug and pour evenly into the cupcake liners.
- Put in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Take out the cupcakes and move to a cooling rack and allow to cool before frosting.
- Prepare the frosting by mixing together the Violife Creamy Original, coconut powder and icing sugar.
- Use a piping bag and cover each cupcake with the frosting before decorating with strawberry slices and coconut flakes.