Vegan Agave Sticky Toffee Pudding
Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
Enjoy this classic pudding with a vegan twist!
Ingredients:4 tbsp The Groovy Food Company Virgin Coconut Oil, for greasing
180g Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
240ml rice milk
300g rolled oats
For the sauce:6 tbsp cashew butter
12 tbsp The Groovy Food Company Rich & Dark Agave Nectar
4 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5 and grease a 20cm x 17cm square baking dish with the coconut oil.
- Add the dates to a saucepan with the water and rice milk. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the dates start to form a paste with the liquid.
- Tip in the oats and cook for a further minute. Stir well, then transfer to the prepared dish or tin, spreading the mixture in an even layer. Place in the oven to bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together the cashew butter and agave nectar with the water.
- Remove the dish from the oven, and pour the cashew and agave mixture on top of the oats (reserving four tablespoons), then put back in the oven to cook for a further 3-5 minutes to heat through until the sauce is piping hot.
- Reheat your reserved sauce, and drizzle over each portion and serve.