Tomato and Pepper Poached Eggs
This spicy one-pan meal is delicious for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Ingredients:1 red onion
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 red chilli
4 free-range eggs
1 tin chopped tomatoes
15g fresh coriander
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 clove of garlic
salt and pepper, to taste
- Remove the stems and seeds from the peppers and slice thinly. Roughly chop the onion and mince the garlic.
- Slice the chilli, removing or keeping the seeds depending on preference, and roughly chop the coriander, including the stems.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a medium-sized frying pan over a medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the onion, half the chilli, the peppers, paprika and a clove of minced garlic, then sauté for 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and plenty of freshly milled black pepper.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and cook for a further 3-4 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, make four small round holes in the tomato mixture and crack the eggs in. Cover the pan with a lid (or a sheet of foil) and cook until the eggs are set.
- Sprinkle over the remaining coriander and chilli, and serve with toasted sourdough bread.