Spiced Chickpea Scotch Eggs
These moreish veggie scotch eggs are great for picnics and full of flavour!
Ingredients:5 Clarence Court eggs
1 400g can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 spring onions
2 tbsp tahini
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 5.
- Soft boil 4 eggs in simmering water - 5 minutes should do it for a nice runny yolk - then plunge into ice cold water. Once cool, peel the shells off and leave the eggs to one side.
- In a food processor blend the chickpeas, spring onion, tahini, cumin, and salt.
- Take an egg and dust it with a little flour, then wrap ¼ of the chickpea mixture around it. Add a little more flour, then brush the egg white (from the unboiled egg) over your scotch egg and roll it in breadcrumbs and sesame seeds. Repeat for the remaining 3 eggs.
- Brush each egg with the olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.