Soya mince parcels
Ready in: 60 mins +
Ingredients:1 small red onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 celery stick, finely chopped
200g of butternut squash, cubed
zest and juice of one orange
30g of pine nuts
1 tbsp fresh thyme
15 sage leaves, shredded
2 pinches of dried chilli
1 tsp of ground cinnamon
250g Provamel soya mince
1 free-range egg, whisked
1 tbsp sunflower oil
1 pack filo pastry
35g butter, melted
300g jar beetroot relish or pickle
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Add onion, garlic, celery, butternut squash, pine nuts, thyme, sage, chilli and cinnamon and 1 tbsp sunflower oil to a large non-stick frying pan. Saute for 15 mins until butternut squash begins to soften.
- Add in the zest and juice of the orange and continue softening the butternut squash adding a little water to the mixture to increase the moisture if needed.
- Next add the soya mince and saute for a further two minutes, remove from the heat and allow to cool for 10-15 mins.
- Stir in the whisked egg. Take four sheets of filo pastry and cut into 20cm squares; brush each with melted butter and layer on top of each other.
- Spoon a quarter of the mixture into the middle of the square, draw in the side and twist at the top to form a parcel. Continue with the rest of the mixture to form four parcels.
- Place the parcels on a greased baking try and brush each one with melted butter. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 mins or until golden brown.