Roasted Tofu and Cauliflower with Maple Korma Sauce
Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
Maximum flavour with minimal effort: this beautiful, healthy homemade korma with cauliflower and tofu is brought to life by the addition of Pure Canadian maple syrup.
For the tofu and cauliflower:1 large cauliflower, divided into florets handful of fresh coriander hard tofu, cut into chunks 1 tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup, for drizzling
- In a blender, blitz together the almonds, maple syrup, salt and pepper, until combined.
- In a shallow pan, heat the olive oil and gently fry the onion, garlic, green chilli and grated ginger until soft, taking care not to burn everything. Add these to the blender and blitz for a further 30-60 seconds, or until a smooth paste forms.
- Pour the blender contents into a medium-sized saucepan, add water, stir and simmer on a low heat to warm through.
- In a small frying pan, dry fry the ground cardamom, coriander, cumin and turmeric on a medium heat. Take care not to burn or scorch the spices, as they will taste bitter.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the contents to the korma sauce and stir thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, lay out the cauliflower florets and tofu cubes, lightly drizzle over maple syrup, season with salt and pepper and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until light golden-brown and cooked through.
- Portion up the cauliflower and tofu into serving bowls and add a ladle of korma sauce over the top. Garnish with chopped or torn fresh coriander and serve with freshly baked naan or chapatis.