Roasted Squash Macaroni
Celebrate Plant Power Day on the 7th March with this delicious plant-based dinner! It's perfect for an easy midweek meal.
Ingredients:1 butternut squash
2 tbsps lemon juice
75g grated vegan Parmesan
1/2 tsp powered garlic
1 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp grated nutmeg
300ml Alpro Oat Unsweetened drink
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 bunch of sage
100g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Cut the squash length-ways, scoop out and discard the seeds. Score the flesh with a cross hatch pattern using a sharp knife, brush lightly with a little oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place it on a parchment lined baking tray, flesh side down and cook in the oven for 50-60 minutes, or until it's soft all the way through. You can check this by piercing the flesh with a knife.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions in seasoned water. Meanwhile, scoop the flesh of the butternut, leaving the skin behind and place in a blender of food processor along with the lemon juice, vegan Parmesan, powdered garlic, mustard powder, extra virgin olive oil, Alpro Oat Unsweetened drink and nutmeg.
- Heat the sauce you've created in a saucepan on the hob, adjusting the seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining extra virgin olive oil in a small pan over a medium heat and fry the sage and hazelnuts until crispy.
- Mix the pasta into the sauce and spoon it into bowls. Top it with the sage and hazelnuts to serve.