QUINOA WITH SAUTÉED LEEKS, PEAS AND AVOCADO
A delicious salad balancing soft sautéed leeks and crunchy seeds.
400ml cold water
3 leeks, sliced thinly
250g petit pois (frozen peas)
2 avocados, cubed
2 tbsp coconut or olive oil
60g pumpkin seeds
sea salt and white pepper
garlic granules FOR THE DRESSING:
60ml olive oil
60ml apple juice
2 tsp honey mustard
2 tsp agave nectar
2 tbsp sushi seasoning vinegar
sesame seeds, toasted
1 handful fresh coriander, chopped
1 handful fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Rinse the uncooked quinoa through a sieve with cold water for two minutes, then drain well. Place the quinoa in a medium saucepan with 400ml cold water, bring to boil, cover and simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, carefully fluff with a fork, cover and stand for five minutes, then spread onto a large flat platter to cool.
- In a large non-stick frying pan, add the oil, sauté the sliced leeks until translucent and soft, season with sea salt, white pepper and garlic granules. Add the frozen peas to the sautéed leeks and continue to cook for five minutes, then remove from the heat to cool.
- Add the sautéed leeks to the cooked quinoa, then add the pumpkin seeds. In a measuring jug, add the olive oil, apple juice, honey mustard, agave nectar, sushi seasoning vinegar, then season with sea salt and black pepper. Add the chopped mint, coriander and toasted sesame seeds.
- When the salad is completely cooled, add the cubed chunks of avocado, mix through the salad then pour over the dressing.