Portobello Mushroom, Beetroot and Goat’s Cheese Burgers
We love the combination of flavours in this delicious burger from The Mushroom Bureau!
Ingredients:For the burgers:
4 portobello mushrooms
4 brioche buns
2 avocados, peeled, sliced and drizzled with lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper
2 beetroots, sliced
goat’s cheese, sliced into 4 discs For the herby red onion:
1 red onion, sliced
2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
1 tbsp dried oregano
- Preheat the grill to high. Heat a griddle pan and char the brioche buns.
- Drizzle the mushrooms with olive oil and season well. Chargrill them until soft and cooked, then set aside.
- In the same pan, add the red onion and a little dash of olive oil. Season well and cook until the onion is starting to caramelise. Remove to a bowl and stir in the herbs.
- Top each bun base with slices of beetroot, avocado, a mushroom and the herby red onion mixture.
- Place a disc of goat’s cheese on the top, place under the grill until the cheese starts to melt, and top with the other half of the bun. Serve immediately.