Phil Vickery’s Roast Red Pepper Mozzarella Fondue
Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
Ingredients:2 x 185g Mission Naan, chopped into 2cm pieces
55g unsalted butter
228 jar of roasted peppers, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
50g grated cheddar
50g chopped mozzarella
2 tbsp chopped parsley
salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Drizzle a little olive oil over the naan, then bake in the oven until crisp, which will take about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the fondue. Melt the butter and then add the flour, add all the milk and the garlic and whisk well.
- Turn down the heat, and stir until the sauce, gradually increasing the heat until the sauce is thickened and just boiled.
- Remove from the heat, add the cheeses and mix well. Finally, season with salt and pepper, add the parsley and mix well.
- Serve piping hot – place the pan on a sturdy garden bench or table and let everyone dip in their crispy naan pieces, or dollop individual portions into enamel camping mugs.