PANCAKES WITH MASCARPONE, PISTACHIOS & CALIFORNIA PRUNE & ROSE SAUCE
Ingredients:FOR THE PANCAKES: 128g flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp honey
pinch of salt FOR THE MASCARPONE CREAM: 250g mascarpone cheese
200ml whipping cream
62g chopped pistachios
1/2 tsp vanilla extract FOR THE SAUCE: 200g California prunes
2 tbsp honey
125ml orange juice
80ml lemon juice
2 tbsp rose water
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, egg, honey and buttermilk. Mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour or scoop the batter using approximately 60ml for each pancake. Brown on both sides and keep warm.
- Whisk together the mascarpone cheese, honey, pistachios and vanilla in a large bowl until just blended. Beat whipping cream at a medium speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture.
- Bring the juices, honey, rose water and prunes to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the prunes are tender. Place the prune mixture in a food processor or blender; process until smooth.
- Serve the pancakes hot with mascarpone cream and prune sauce.