Oaty Bramley Crumble
Ready in: 30 to 60 mins
Ingredients:900g (approx 5) Bramley apples, peeled, cored and sliced
75g caster sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
225g plain flour
100g demerara sugar
175g jumbo oats
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/ Gas 6. Place the slices of Bramley, the caster sugar and the cinnamon (this ingredient is optional) into a large ovenproof dish.
- Rub the butter into the plain flour, sugar and oats to make a crumble-like texture. If you have a food processor, place the flour, butter and sugar in the bowl (omitting the oats) and pulse until the butter is thoroughly mixed in. Add the oats and blend again.
- Scatter the oaty crumble on top of the Bramley, sugar and cinnamon mixture. Try to ensure the crumble makes an even layer, and be careful to go all the way to the edge of the dish for a nice, neat finish.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the topping is golden and the apples are tender.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool a little, then serve with cream or ice cream.