Natasha Corrett’s Creamy Courgette & Carrot Pasta
There’s nothing more satisfying than a delicious pasta dish, especially when you knoq it’s dairy and gluten free
Ingredients:1 tbsp coconut oil ¼ tsp cumin ¼ cup water 60g grated carrot 1 courgette finely sliced on an angle pinch of salt ½ cup Rice Dream® Organic 1 tbsp kuzu (thickening agent) 3 tbsp cold water gluten free pasta
- Melt the coconut oil into a frying pan, add the cumin and fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the courgette and grated carrot and half of the water, and leave to cook on a medium heat for two minutes. Once the water starts to absorb add the rest. Cook for a further two minutes or until the courgette starts to go translucent.
- Cook your pasta in a separate pan – we like to use rice noodles as they cook in four minutes and are a lighter option.
- To make the creamy sauce mix the kuzu granules into the 3 tbsp of cold water until a chalky liquid.
- In a pan heat up the Rice Dream® Organic with the salt until boiling. Turn off the heat and add the kuzu liquid into the rice milk and stir until it thickens into a creamy thick sauce.
- To serve mix the carrot and courgette mixture through your pasta and pour the creamy sauce over the top.